Job offersmore »
- CEO - Prague
- Plant Specialist - Melbourne, Australia
- General Manager European Region - Bologna, Italy
- Einkaufsverantwortlicher / Kundenbetreuer - Die Schweiz
- Continuous Improvement Specialist - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
- Innovation Leader - Johnston (Iowa), USA
- VP of Sales - Montreal, Canada
- IPM Consultant - Adelaide Plains, Australia
- National Nursery Manager - Australia
- Substrate Grower - Launceston CBD, Tasmania
Last commentsmore »
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (1077)
- India: "High potential for orchid cultivation in Odisha" (3)
- Ukraine: Flowers still popular despite high prices (1)
- Colombian plant growers to get nursery research center (3)
- UK: What's in season at the New Covent Garden Flower Market (12)
- Will sea freight be an alternative to Latin American air freight? (106)
- "25% annual production growth Mexican phalaenopsis" (9)
- Cut, stick and check with the new Cutting & Planting 1800 (1)
- "I tested my growing media, now what?" (5)
- Indian farmer successfully shifts to gerbera cultivation (1)
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Germany: Varied first quarter Veiling Rhein-Maas
The auction Veiling Rhein-Maas started an excellent month of January with all sales channels this year. Compared to January of last year, in 2018 cut flower prices at the auction clock and in presales increased by 27.9%, and in clock service 28.6% was achieved.
Unfavorable weather conditions in February and March
The situation in February and March revealed again that weather conditions are one of the most determining factors for the sales at Veiling Rhein-Maas. The predominant winter weather in the months of February and March caused a limited availability of products with, at the same time, a lower demand. As a result, local products from the open field (Freiland) were offered on the auction clock later than usual. In cut flowers, the situation was very different. Compared to the first quarter of 2017, this year an increase in turnover of almost 5% was recorded for cut flowers.
Clock presales show strong growth
The digital sales channel for clock presales again showed an increasing popularity among the customers of the auction. Meanwhile, more than 530 customers have access to clock presales, nearly 100 more than a year ago. More and more customers log in every day, to view the offer and to reserve products. In the first quarter of 2018, clock presales achieved a turnover of 2.2 million euros, this corresponds to an increase of more than 66% compared to the same period last year.
High-quality products and expansion of 'Premium Quality'
For the customers of the auction, planted trays and arrangements as well as high-quality products are still popular. In addition, tulips are among the most important products on the market place in Straelen-Herongen. Veiling Rhein-Maas concentrates on better sorting, whereby the expansion of the high-quality tulip assortment is the reason for the price development. Moreover, roses are very popular with the customers of the auction. New suppliers have joined, who supply a high-quality assortment of roses. On the basis of positive experiences at Veiling Rhein-Maas with the introduction of 'Premium Quality', this predicate was also successfully introduced for Gypsophila.
Future opportunities for digitization in the green sector
On Tuesday, January 9, Veiling Rhein-Maas organized the customer and supplier's day for the seventh time in a row. Guest speaker Sanjay Sauldie gave an inspiring lecture and explained to the guests in simple and clear terms why they should invest in digitization right now. In total, approximately 440 customers and suppliers - again more than last year - were attending this day.
Experience the auction from up-close
In recent months, the employees of the auction were participating in four trade fairs to represent the only flower and plant auction in Germany at home and abroad: IPM (Essen, Germany), HortiContact (Gorinchem, the Netherlands), Expo Flowers & Garden (Bucharest, Romania) and FlorEvent (Bordeaux, France). A special highlight at the exhibition stands of Veiling Rhein-Maas was the new 360-degree video of the market place. Many visitors have already made use of the opportunity to view this video and thus experience the auction from very close. The regular presence at trade fairs and the activities of the account management department pay off: Veiling Rhein-Maas has already been able to register 14 new customers domestically and from abroad in 2018.
Source: Veiling Rhein Maas
Publication date: 4/16/2018
Other news in this sector:
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.