Job offersmore »
- Account Manager Foodservice en Groothandel DACH - Netherlands
- Business Development Manager - California
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Import Assistant and Operations Assistant - Netherlands
- Farms Director UK - South East
- Agronomist to work abroad
- Export salesperson GERMANY - Barcelona, Spain
- Account Manager Zachtfruit Scandinavië en Duitsland - Netherlands
- International Editor
- Experienced tomato grower - Angola
Last commentsmore »
- Women's Day: "Russian market is growing up" (37)
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (1174)
- "I tested my growing media, now what?" (11)
- Will sea freight be an alternative to Latin American air freight? (175)
- "25% annual production growth Mexican phalaenopsis" (16)
- Sneak peek California Spring Trials 2018 (3)
- Milestones, lessons from California’s historic drought (34)
- Schroll is developing the hydrangea production in Portugal (2)
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
American Grown puts spotlight on Southeast Asia and China in 2018Over the past year, Certified American Grown (CAG) has secured federal grant funds through the USDA Foreign Agricultural Service (FAS) to develop export markets for American Grown Flowers.
In 2017, Certified American Grown conducted a comprehensive assessment in China, determining the Chinese market potential for increased sales of American Grown Flowers and greens. A five-member team of U.S.-based experts traveled to China to assess the market first-hand and contribute to the assessment.
As a result of the project, several U.S. cut flower farmers began shipping to China in the fall.
You can access the assessment here: Certified American Grown: China Assessment Report.
In 2018, Certified American Grown will continue to focus on market development activities in China and also explore opportunities in Southeast Asia.
2018 Activities Include:
June 23 – July 1, 2018: Outbound Trade Mission to China
- Meet with targeted importers, wholesalers and retailers in Shanghai and Guangzhou to establish contacts and present business information.
- Tour the largest Chinese cut flower growing region in Yunnan Province to gain an understanding of its market structure and distribution network.
- Meet with targeted importers, wholesalers and retailers in Indonesia, Malaysia and Vietnam to determine feasibility of increasing exports to the region.
Publication date: 4/20/2018
Other news in this sector:
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.