- Grower - Australia
- Director of Marketing & Communications - Summerland (BC), Canada
- Lead Auditor
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region - Antwerp - Quality Assurance Supervisor
- Medior Sales Engineer - Netherlands
- General Manager Australia
- Chief plant protection agronomist
- Сhief agronomist
- Head of Sales for Mexico and Latin America
- Finance Manager for a Leading International Fresh Produce Business
- Australia: Opportunity to comment on national tree standard revision (1)
- Schroll is developing the hydrangea production in Portugal (3)
- US: AFE educational grant applications due June 1 (2)
- "Plenty of opportunities to expand markets outside Russia's major cities" (1)
- Coloured by Gerbera presents new assortment (1)
- "Customers are looking for different shades of red roses" (1)
- US: Is the era of thermal transfer printers over? (2)
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (46)
- Southern hemisphere's largest solar water heating facility at LVG Plants (1)
- Photoreport: Horticontact (1)
Top 5 -yesterday
- Denmark: Desch Plantpak acquired Sky-Light's horticulture activities
- Makoto Azuma builds giant plant sculpture at the beach using 8,300 Strelitzia
- HBA opens test locations in Kenya and Colombia for cut flower hydrangea
- Workers Zena Roses protest over salaries
- Ecuador: The origin story of preserved and garden roses
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
- New export platform for Belgian agricultural products
- Colombia: "The competition for the lowest costs doesn't make it possible to generate wealth"
- NL: Pot and plant breeders experience nature as a child for a day
- Supplying Ecuadorian roses to a challenging market
- US (MD): Kelly Shore hosts American Flowers Week farm tour
Saija Sitolahti wins Helsinki Open 2018 International Floristry Competition
The first surprise task was named ”Wreath for a Spring Fairy”. The task was to make a floral wreath and present it on a pillow made by Wickholm Form. The highest points were given to Tomasz Max Kuczynski from Poland. The second best in this task was Säde Alanen from Finland and third was Aire Reenumägi from Estonia.
The second surprise task was ”Fairytale Tree”. A construction, made by Lyhty workshop, a non-profit organization providing disabled adults workshops and learning possibilities, was the base for this task. Hanna Vehkalampi from Finland got the highest points in this task, while second-highest points went to Heli Haapatalo from Finland with Saija Sitolahti from Finland in third.
The Third and final task was ”Spring bowl”. The compulsory part in this task was to include a bowl from ShiShi. The bowl couldn’t be altered or harmed in any way. In this task Elisabeth Schoenemann from Germany gathered the most points from the judges, leaving Saija Sitolahti and Berit Skjøttgaard Laursen behind her.
The surprise tasks were revealed in the morning of the competition day and all the competitors were given identical materials by the organizing party. Each competitor had a toolbox of their own and no assistance was allowed during the competition.
There was a closed judging session and the judges didn’t know which competitor made which design. The judges were Karolina Ładyżyńska–Skrzypek from Poland, Heidi Stubb from Finland and president of the jury Tuija Näriäinen, also from Finland.
The winner of the competition with the highest points in total is Saija Sitolahti form Järvenpään Kukktatalo, Finland. The second place was awarded to Elisabeth Schoenemann from Hamburg, Germany and Heli Haapatalo from Ikaalinen, Finland won third place.
The competition committee consisted of Pirjo Koppi (competition manager), Leila Alamiekkaoja and Tiina Koskinen. The event was presented by Pirjo Koppi and Minna Penttala.
The Finnish Florists’ Association’s Helsinki District was presented a Program of the Year award at the MESOAJA Gala, organized by Messukeskus Helsinki, for all its efforts.
For more information:
1436 BL, Aalsmeerderbrug
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 10/17/2018 Cal Poly students begin harvesting flowers to decorate school’s 2019 Rose Parade float
- 10/12/2018 US: 1-800-Flowers.com introduces new collection of farm fresh bouquets
- 10/11/2018 UK: Celebrity florist responds to trend with preserved roses from Ecuador
- 10/08/2018 UK: A day in the life of florist Mark Welford
- 10/02/2018 US: IFD and PMA share emerging flower trends
- 09/28/2018 More prizes for Wim Hazelaar Trofee
- 09/27/2018 Singapore: How a florist stayed a blooming business even after 53 years
- 09/26/2018 Alexandra Farms Garden Rose Design Contest winners announced
- 09/25/2018 The delights of dahlias
- 09/20/2018 This photo took 3 months of planning and 5 hours of arranging flowers
- 09/19/2018 US: Shirley Lyons named 2018 Tom Butler "Floral Retailer of the Year"
- 09/18/2018 Meet the artist turning flowers into hyped sneakers
- 09/14/2018 UK: A day in the life of a florist
- 09/12/2018 Flower crowns take over New York runway
- 09/07/2018 New German florist champion crowned
- 09/07/2018 UK : Florismart to style second Royal Wedding
- 09/05/2018 "Somalia: “To me flowers bring in a new light, a solution to the problems faced"
- 09/04/2018 Florists in 36 states plan to ‘petal it forward’
- 08/17/2018 US (MA): Flowerbomb spruces up bus stop
- 08/17/2018 "New York’s flower district is dying"