Job offersmore »
- Hydroponic Crop Manager - Tahiti
- Manager Operational Excellence - El Salvador
- Area Manager North Europe - The Netherlands
- Senior Veredelaar Bloemen
- Consultant - Head of Sales or Greenhouse Owner
- Consultant - Head Grower of Greenhouse
- IPM Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Labor Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Assistant Farm Manager - Australia
- New Product Development Assistant Manager
Last commentsmore »
- Eurovision winner to baptize Jamala tulip at Flower Expo Ukraine (1)
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (1230)
- Cool night temperatures induce crown buds in garden mums (1)
- Kenya: Cut flower exports up 16 percent (1)
- Fertil improves its biodegradable pots (1)
- Daylily flowers help China's anti-poverty campaign to bloom (2)
- Parfum Flower Company organizes trip to Kenya for florists (1)
- Hydrangea Runaway Bride 'Snow White' named Plant of the Year (1)
- Influencing plant growth with LED light (1)
- Kenya: Mount Elgon Orchards expands with 2ha (1)
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
"Flowers and plants keep fresh 30% longer"Willem Geleijn, LogiFlora: "Fresh Pod can be used in a variety of ways to keep fresh products such as vegetables, flowers, and plants fresh for a longer time and to prevent unnecessary waste. Every supplier can contribute, by sprinkling Fresh Pod, to the reduction of waste, and the consumer can enjoy his or her products 30% longer."
Ethylene is the culprit which ages products quicker. With Fresh Pod products in cold stores or shop spaces can be, by their own account, kept ethylene free, and in this way it can be prevented that one bad apple contaminates all.
source photo: sophieinthesticks.co.uk
Particularly with cabbages (Brassica for example) the effectivity of Fresh Pod has been demonstrated. Added bonus is that when the product has worn off after about six months, it can be used as fertilizer in the garden.
The product consists of small OMRI balls which can be purchased in bags of 5.8 and 28 gram, which in their turn have to be covered by protective packaging. The natural formula communicates with ethylene and converts it to manganese dioxide (brownstone). This way the product is converted to fertilizer after use, and thus leaves zero waste.
Willem Geleijn, LogiFlora BV has been asked to use his network for this purpose in the Netherlands.
Fore more information:
Fore more information:
Publication date: 5/1/2018
Other news in this sector:
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.