- Sales Executive Fruit & Exotics - Rotterdam
- Product Manager / Concept Manager - Verspakketten - Ridderkerk
- District sales manager - British Columbia and Alberta, Canada
- Grower - Carlisle, Pa. USA
- Account Manager - Melbourne, Australia
- Grower - Australia
- Director of Marketing & Communications - Summerland (BC), Canada
- Lead Auditor
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region - Antwerp - Quality Assurance Supervisor
- Medior Sales Engineer - Netherlands
- Australia: Opportunity to comment on national tree standard revision (1)
- Schroll is developing the hydrangea production in Portugal (3)
- US: AFE educational grant applications due June 1 (2)
- "Plenty of opportunities to expand markets outside Russia's major cities" (1)
- Coloured by Gerbera presents new assortment (1)
- "Customers are looking for different shades of red roses" (1)
- US: Is the era of thermal transfer printers over? (2)
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (46)
- Southern hemisphere's largest solar water heating facility at LVG Plants (1)
- Photoreport: Horticontact (1)
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
Kordes Roses and Rosa Danica
1rose: Result of a close breeder-grower collaboration
For over 30 years Rosa Danica has been working closely with German breeder W. Kordes Söhne to develop new Kordana pot roses. "Rosa Danica A/S is a modern nursery founded in 1987. The Danish company has a total area of 14 hectare greenhouses with state-of-the-art technology in its production and produces over 12 million pot roses per year. The primary objective is to produce high quality plants", explains Wilhelm-Alexander Kordes, Managing Director of W. Kordes Söhne.
Kordes is specialized in breeding and rose production for over 130 years and family owned in its 5th generation. The Germans are offering cut-, garden- and pot rose genetics and their assortment is known as the most complete in the world. Besides in Denmark, Kordes pot roses are produced successfully by specialized greenhouse growers worldwide, in such countries like the Netherlands, Russia, Belgium, France, Italy, Japan and South Africa.
Kordes' and Rosa Danica's collaboration in research and development has resulted in a wide range of varieties and collections. "Our aim is that they fit into all demands that producers, distributors and consumers can think of. And I think our current varieties do", says Kordes.
The latest release of Rosa Danica and Kordes is 1rose. This novelty looks like a one stem cut rose, but it is a pot rose breeding. "Ideally suitable to decorate your home, as a gift for an exceptional person or for special occasions."
So far red, lime and pink varieties are available and offered all year. More colors are already in the trials of the Kordes breeding department, so this group will receive new members in the coming years. "The root system supplies all the water and nutrition needed and leads into a shelf life of 4-6 weeks. The large flower of 8-10 cm in diameter combined with the outstanding shelf life makes the 1rose unique", explains Kordes.
1rose is always delivered in an EasyWater pot developed by Rosa Danica. "This system can easily extend the shelf life of the rose and guarantees an appropriate watering and supply of nutrients."
"From the brand new 1rose to established collections like Kordana Classic, Kordana Grande, Fantasia and RosAroma we are confident that Kordes' and Rosa Danica's roses can win the heart of floral connoisseurs everywhere", says Kordes.
For more information:
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 10/22/2018 US: Doug Holden receives AAS Breeder's Cup award
- 10/19/2018 "Ecuadorian growers broaden scope"
- 10/19/2018 Fragrant garden roses: an interesting growing market
- 10/18/2018 HBA opens test locations in Kenya and Colombia for cut flower hydrangea
- 10/18/2018 Super Purple Sinuatum Limonium wins golden medal
- 10/17/2018 Colombian carnation breeder spreads wings in Kenya
- 10/15/2018 Danziger & ToolGen sign MOU for joint research and commercialization
- 10/12/2018 Testing brought to new heights to better match farm conditions
- 10/09/2018 An insight in the selection and propagation of roses in Ecuador
- 10/08/2018 "Mendel was actually looking for innovative crops"
- 10/05/2018 UK: A year in the life of Coreopsis Walberton’s Flying Saucers
- 10/05/2018 Ecuador: "They really got the potential out of the variety"
- 10/04/2018 “Scented garden cut roses: an opportunity for Russian growers”
- 10/02/2018 Indonesia: Researchers find 160 orchid species in Bengkulu
- 09/27/2018 "FleuroStar brings breeders and retail closer together"
- 09/25/2018 How do plant cells know in which direction to divide?
- 09/20/2018 Newly discovered enzyme is 'firing pin' for plant immunity
- 09/19/2018 Cannova lauded in Europe
- 09/18/2018 Bamboo and rattan genomes sequenced
- 09/17/2018 Gold Medal for ’King of Infinity’ in Moscow