- Grower - Australia
- Director of Marketing & Communications - Summerland (BC), Canada
- Lead Auditor
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region - Antwerp - Quality Assurance Supervisor
- Medior Sales Engineer - Netherlands
- General Manager Australia
- Chief plant protection agronomist
- Сhief agronomist
- Head of Sales for Mexico and Latin America
- Finance Manager for a Leading International Fresh Produce Business
- Australia: Opportunity to comment on national tree standard revision (1)
- Schroll is developing the hydrangea production in Portugal (3)
- US: AFE educational grant applications due June 1 (2)
- "Plenty of opportunities to expand markets outside Russia's major cities" (1)
- Coloured by Gerbera presents new assortment (1)
- "Customers are looking for different shades of red roses" (1)
- US: Is the era of thermal transfer printers over? (2)
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (46)
- Southern hemisphere's largest solar water heating facility at LVG Plants (1)
- Photoreport: Horticontact (1)
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
International gardening force focuses on Chinese market
China: First World Garden Show held in Chang’an
It combined forums and flora shows, more than 1000 experts and elites from over 20 countries attended 11 main forums sharing 60 topics. More than 100 thousand people visited the show, which covers 20 thousand square meters. The participation of many industrial professionals and consumers brings new retail, new resources, new formats and new business opportunities for the future of the flora industry.
The show received good reviews from many industrial experts, which means a lot to the Chinese industry.
For the first time it has brought together the heavyweights of the world's flower industry to join in Haining, to discuss the overall development plan, and to have a panoramic view of the world's flora development concepts and achievements.
In the main forum, 10 speakers from China, the United States, France, the United Kingdom, Australia, and Holland shared their professional views from the trends of home gardening and international trade development to explore the future of industry development. 31 speakers have shared their practical experiences and research results and frontier ideas during the 7 sub forums.
James Alexander-Sinclair won rounds of applause from the audience by his humorous and dynamic presentation, during which he presented the trend of British garden design from middle age to 21st century, including small city garden, walled garden, rural garden and open field garden in the countryside. James is chairman of the jury at RHS Chelsea flower show and Moscow flower show. He has been writing his column in National Gardener Magazine and has hosted many TV shows on BBC and Channel 4. He started his garden design in 1992, and since then his work of arts has been seen all over the UK, including Horatio’s Garden at the spinal unit in Glasgow, Scotland, which made the audience believe that gardens are good for health.
President of Hongyue Horticultural Corporation (Hongyue, a leading company in the Chinese flora industry), Mr. Jiang Shengde gave a great speech at the end of the forum, he is the Vice-Chairman of Zhejiang Floriculture Association, a member of Qianjiang Calligraphy Association, a Master Tutor of Zhejiang Sci-Tech University, the Golden Taurus Award- Leading Man of Zhejiang New rural Construction, and Man of the Year-China Flower and Tree Industry in 2015.
He established “GardenMaker” known as the first garden center chain in China, which aims at making home gardening integrated into your lifestyle and opens a new era of O2O retailing.
He was optimistic of the Chinese gardening market 20 years ago when he first started his business as a domestic grass and herb distributor. Throughout the years, he has led Hongyue into becoming the bridge of bringing in high quality and new novelties from the overseas market, and by doing so, he believes that there will be more diversified flora to be introduced into China, and Hongyue will pay more attention on assisting China to be a more beautiful country and let more people enjoy a gardening lifestyle.
For the first time, this mode of experiencing a flora exhibition was adopted, which integrates academic, exhibition and participation well.
IPPS China conference and Zhejiang society of landscape architecture council meeting took place at the same time.
Over 5000 varieties of flora from 20 countries were displayed during this show, over 100 companies which are experts of plants research, commercial production, accessories, sales channel and consuming attended the show with their well-known products. Such as famous seed providers TAKII, SAKATA, SCHONEVELD, BENARY, FLORANOVA, plants providers Seuren, Peter, David Austin, and the leading companies that open business to the China market for the first time Evison, WGI, Son & KOOT, Kent & Stowe.
The first permanent site of the International Flower Festival was settled in China's Millennium town.
The world garden show has established a permanent site in the town of Chang’an, which has a history of more than 1000 years. The Chang’an Flower Town project was started by Hongyue horticultural corporation. The town is the core of the flora industry. It is a "venture" and “livable” place, which integrates planting, trading, logistics, residence, tourism and training.
According to the plan, the flower Town will have the following characteristics:
Sino-US Horticultural Technology Exchange Center: It will become a base of promoting exchanges and cooperation for Sino-US Horticultural enterprises.
Flora Creative Park: It combines the advantages of local fresh cut flower production, manage fresh cut flowers, show flowers, show and experience, and create a platform for the training and exchange of flower lovers and professionals.
Hongyue Gardener School: A key planning project in the town, led by Hongyue, is also the most characteristic experience project. With the global teacher resources, the gardening cultural curriculum system, it promotes the gardener culture, and teaches vocational skills to those who love to become gardeners.
The combination of the long Chinese culture and the advanced world flower technology has added a unique charm to the show and the town.
For more information:
World Garden Show
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 10/18/2018 UK: Roses for a Royal Wedding
- 10/18/2018 NL: Students get to know horticulture on mopeds
- 10/17/2018 US (IL): Heimos hosts 11th Annual Poinsettia Trial and Open House
- 10/17/2018 France: Dates announced for Salon du Végétal 2019
- 10/17/2018 A royal afternoon for HortiDaily and FloralDaily
- 10/16/2018 Australia: Pest Management, Plant Health & Market Access BioSecure HACCP Information Forums
- 10/16/2018 UK: Alternative growing media for the production of ornamental crops
- 10/16/2018 National broadcasters eagerly promote horticultural potential Zimbabwe
- 10/15/2018 "AHC 2020 & Horti ASIA 2020 bridge science and commerce"
- 10/15/2018 Australia: Tree Stock to feature at ‘Three Days of Trees’ in Melbourne
- 10/15/2018 See how poinsettia varieties perform in real world greenhouse conditions
- 10/15/2018 HortiFlor Zimbabwe in photos
- 10/15/2018 Trade Fair Aalsmeer – ‘Connect to Global Growth’
- 10/15/2018 Belgium is the Partner Country of IPM Essen 2019
- 10/12/2018 Morel Diffusion puts triple spotlight on cyclamen
- 10/12/2018 US (CA): Farm to Fork Dinner goes floral
- 10/12/2018 Japan: IFEX has come to an end
- 10/12/2018 AFE and e-Gro partner on webinars
- 10/11/2018 US (AK): Agriculture conference registration opens
- 10/11/2018 US (FL): New online course on irrigation water and treatment