Job offersmore »
- Account Manager Foodservice en Groothandel DACH - Netherlands
- Business Development Manager - California
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Import Assistant and Operations Assistant - Netherlands
- Farms Director UK - South East
- Agronomist to work abroad
- Export salesperson GERMANY - Barcelona, Spain
- Account Manager Zachtfruit Scandinavië en Duitsland - Netherlands
- International Editor
- Experienced tomato grower - Angola
Last commentsmore »
- Women's Day: "Russian market is growing up" (37)
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (1174)
- "I tested my growing media, now what?" (11)
- Will sea freight be an alternative to Latin American air freight? (175)
- "25% annual production growth Mexican phalaenopsis" (16)
- Sneak peek California Spring Trials 2018 (3)
- Milestones, lessons from California’s historic drought (34)
- Schroll is developing the hydrangea production in Portugal (2)
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Iranian plants thousands of Dutch tulips in honor of his motherThis is the 5th year in a row that Dr. Hooman Ardebili, an Iranian physician and also director of a well-known horticultural company, charms thousands of people with the beautiful sight of thousands of colorful tulips elegantly planted on the sidewalks of a local street in Tehran-Iran.
The young physician lost his mother 5 years ago and since she had had a great interest in flowers, the son started planting thousands of Dutch Tulips each year in his neighborhood to honor the memory of his mother. As he was increasing the number of tulips each year, from the fourth year he dedicated this project to all mothers and named it “Tulip for Mothers”. He started with 6,000 tulip bulbs in 2014, and continued with respectively 10,000, 30,000, 120,000, and 200,000 for the next years.
Since Dr. Ardebili is in the business of importing tulip bulbs from Holland, Kapiteyn B.V, his tulip/hyacinth supplier, got informed of this benevolent act and contributed 10,000 bulbs for the third year which encouraged Dr. Ardebili to vast his tribute and plant 30,000 tulip bulbs in 2016; This year Kapiteyn B.V has also contributed 25,000 bulbs to the project that has been considered as “friendship between countries” by Tehran city council and municipality.
Only in 3 weeks, the beautiful sight of 200,000 tulip bulbs in more than 60 colors/varieties in an area of 1600 square meter gathered 250,000 people from all over the country and also international tourists to the place.
Last year El Mundo newspaper published a detailed report of “Tulip for Mothers” in one of their issues, this year also, international reporters from Russia, China, and Belgium came to the scene to broadcast this so-called “environmental vow”.
As the side benefits of “Tulips for Mother” projects, dozens of indirect jobs and 7 direct jobs have been created, including street musicians, mobile cafes, 24-hour guards and gardeners.
For more information:
TSG Co, ltd
Tel: +98 (0)21 88610320-22
Publication date: 5/9/2018
Other news in this sector:
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.