Job offersmore »
- Account Manager Foodservice en Groothandel DACH - Netherlands
- Business Development Manager - California
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Import Assistant and Operations Assistant - Netherlands
- Farms Director UK - South East
- Agronomist to work abroad
- Export salesperson GERMANY - Barcelona, Spain
- Account Manager Zachtfruit Scandinavië en Duitsland - Netherlands
- International Editor
- Experienced tomato grower - Angola
Last commentsmore »
- Women's Day: "Russian market is growing up" (37)
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (1174)
- "I tested my growing media, now what?" (11)
- Will sea freight be an alternative to Latin American air freight? (175)
- "25% annual production growth Mexican phalaenopsis" (16)
- Sneak peek California Spring Trials 2018 (3)
- Milestones, lessons from California’s historic drought (34)
- Schroll is developing the hydrangea production in Portugal (2)
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Ethiopia: Authority avails 7,000ha of land for floriculture
The Ethiopian Horticulture & Agriculture Investment Authority (EHAIA) has announced that it has prepared 7,000ha of land for floricultural investment across four regions.
The feasibility studies and business plans, as well as previous experiences in the sector, will be used as criteria for selecting candidates that qualify to invest in the sector, according to Adugna Debela (PhD), deputy CEO of the Authority.
The Authority has made loan arrangements with the Development Bank of Ethiopia (DBE). Companies that make a 30pc down payment could get a 70pc loan from the bank, in addition to the priority given for self-financing investors.
Incentives have also been provided for local investors who wish to invest in floricultural production if they could deposit 25pc of the initial capital required.
To this effect, preliminary discussions have been conducted with investors from the Netherlands, while investors from the United States, Israel and India have expressed interest to invest in the sector.
Publication date: 5/10/2018
Other news in this sector:
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.