Job offersmore »
- Hydroponic Crop Manager - Tahiti
- Manager Operational Excellence - El Salvador
- Area Manager North Europe - The Netherlands
- Senior Veredelaar Bloemen
- Consultant - Head of Sales or Greenhouse Owner
- Consultant - Head Grower of Greenhouse
- IPM Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Labor Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Assistant Farm Manager - Australia
- New Product Development Assistant Manager
Last commentsmore »
- Eurovision winner to baptize Jamala tulip at Flower Expo Ukraine (1)
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (1230)
- Cool night temperatures induce crown buds in garden mums (1)
- Kenya: Cut flower exports up 16 percent (1)
- Fertil improves its biodegradable pots (1)
- Daylily flowers help China's anti-poverty campaign to bloom (2)
- Parfum Flower Company organizes trip to Kenya for florists (1)
- Hydrangea Runaway Bride 'Snow White' named Plant of the Year (1)
- Influencing plant growth with LED light (1)
- Kenya: Mount Elgon Orchards expands with 2ha (1)
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Ethiopia: Authority avails 7,000ha of land for floriculture
The Ethiopian Horticulture & Agriculture Investment Authority (EHAIA) has announced that it has prepared 7,000ha of land for floricultural investment across four regions.
The feasibility studies and business plans, as well as previous experiences in the sector, will be used as criteria for selecting candidates that qualify to invest in the sector, according to Adugna Debela (PhD), deputy CEO of the Authority.
The Authority has made loan arrangements with the Development Bank of Ethiopia (DBE). Companies that make a 30pc down payment could get a 70pc loan from the bank, in addition to the priority given for self-financing investors.
Incentives have also been provided for local investors who wish to invest in floricultural production if they could deposit 25pc of the initial capital required.
To this effect, preliminary discussions have been conducted with investors from the Netherlands, while investors from the United States, Israel and India have expressed interest to invest in the sector.
Publication date: 5/10/2018
Other news in this sector:
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.