Job offersmore »
- Account Manager Foodservice en Groothandel DACH - Netherlands
- Business Development Manager - California
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Import Assistant and Operations Assistant - Netherlands
- Farms Director UK - South East
- Agronomist to work abroad
- Export salesperson GERMANY - Barcelona, Spain
- Account Manager Zachtfruit ScandinaviŽ en Duitsland - Netherlands
- International Editor
- Experienced tomato grower - Angola
Last commentsmore »
- Women's Day: "Russian market is growing up" (37)
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (1174)
- "I tested my growing media, now what?" (11)
- Will sea freight be an alternative to Latin American air freight? (175)
- "25% annual production growth Mexican phalaenopsis" (16)
- Sneak peek California Spring Trials 2018 (3)
- Milestones, lessons from Californiaís historic drought (34)
- Schroll is developing the hydrangea production in Portugal (2)
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
John Vatikiotis, Hort Innovation:
"Itís an exciting time for nursery levy funded projects"John Vatikiotis joined Hort Innovation as the Relationship Manager Lead for the nursery, turf and mushroom industries just over two years ago. Prior to this, he was with IBM for more than a decade, where he held several management and business development roles.
"While Iím fairly new to the horticultural sector, the skills I gained from previous roles Ė such as stakeholder engagement and relationship management Ė most certainly apply to the work we do at Hort Innovation.
"Iíve thoroughly enjoyed learning more about, and working with, the people and businesses driving the nursery industry forward."
What does your role as Relationship Manager involve?
"My number one responsibility is connecting levy payers to Hort Innovation and vice versa.
"I am the first point of contact for growers on all things nursery levy related such as providing information on how funds are being invested and letting growers know how they can have their say on future projects.
"A vital part of my role is keeping the lines of communication open between levy payers and Hort Innovation and to assist with any membership or investment enquiries that growers may have. And no two days are ever the same! My day might involve speaking with levy payers about how R&D or marketing outcomes can benefit their business right through to communicating the latest news from growers back to our team at Hort Innovation.
"Another big part of my role is ensuring the Strategic Industry Advisory Panel (SIAP) runs smoothly and that the SIAP meeting outcomes and actions are progressed post-meeting."
What is the most common feedback you receive from growers?
"We often receive feedback on the importance of ongoing communication. Itís vital that industry is well informed about the role and work of the SIAP and, more broadly, the strategic levy investments underway. Above all, itís about maximising levy investment and communicating that return on investment to levy payers."
What are the key opportunities for the nursery industry?
"Itís an exciting time for nursery levy funded projects, with a diverse range of R&D and marketing projects delivering positive outcomes for industry. From reviewing a national tree standard, to professional development programs to biosecurity preparedness Ė thereís plenty happening.
"In addition, the nursery industryís marketing initiative, 202020 Vision and, more recently, Plant Life Balance (used under by Hort Innovation under trademark from NGIA), is helping to boost demand for green life and secure a stronger, more sustainable future for the industry."
Source: Your Levy at Work
Publication date: 5/15/2018
Other news in this sector:
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.