- Grower - Australia
- Director of Marketing & Communications - Summerland (BC), Canada
- Lead Auditor
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region - Antwerp - Quality Assurance Supervisor
- Medior Sales Engineer - Netherlands
- General Manager Australia
- Chief plant protection agronomist
- Сhief agronomist
- Head of Sales for Mexico and Latin America
- Finance Manager for a Leading International Fresh Produce Business
- Australia: Opportunity to comment on national tree standard revision (1)
- Schroll is developing the hydrangea production in Portugal (3)
- US: AFE educational grant applications due June 1 (2)
- "Plenty of opportunities to expand markets outside Russia's major cities" (1)
- Coloured by Gerbera presents new assortment (1)
- "Customers are looking for different shades of red roses" (1)
- US: Is the era of thermal transfer printers over? (2)
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (46)
- Southern hemisphere's largest solar water heating facility at LVG Plants (1)
- Photoreport: Horticontact (1)
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
- Kuehne + Nagel strengthens footprint in Indonesia through strategic acquisition
- US (AK): Agriculture conference registration opens
- Koppert and CABI collaborate on making more biological controls available
- US: Florida Panhandle prepares for Hurricane Michael impact
- US: Oso Easy Urban Legend Rosa earns its Proven Winners moniker
John Vatikiotis, Hort Innovation:
"It’s an exciting time for nursery levy funded projects"
"While I’m fairly new to the horticultural sector, the skills I gained from previous roles – such as stakeholder engagement and relationship management – most certainly apply to the work we do at Hort Innovation.
"I’ve thoroughly enjoyed learning more about, and working with, the people and businesses driving the nursery industry forward."
What does your role as Relationship Manager involve?
"My number one responsibility is connecting levy payers to Hort Innovation and vice versa.
"I am the first point of contact for growers on all things nursery levy related such as providing information on how funds are being invested and letting growers know how they can have their say on future projects.
"A vital part of my role is keeping the lines of communication open between levy payers and Hort Innovation and to assist with any membership or investment enquiries that growers may have. And no two days are ever the same! My day might involve speaking with levy payers about how R&D or marketing outcomes can benefit their business right through to communicating the latest news from growers back to our team at Hort Innovation.
"Another big part of my role is ensuring the Strategic Industry Advisory Panel (SIAP) runs smoothly and that the SIAP meeting outcomes and actions are progressed post-meeting."
What is the most common feedback you receive from growers?
"We often receive feedback on the importance of ongoing communication. It’s vital that industry is well informed about the role and work of the SIAP and, more broadly, the strategic levy investments underway. Above all, it’s about maximising levy investment and communicating that return on investment to levy payers."
What are the key opportunities for the nursery industry?
"It’s an exciting time for nursery levy funded projects, with a diverse range of R&D and marketing projects delivering positive outcomes for industry. From reviewing a national tree standard, to professional development programs to biosecurity preparedness – there’s plenty happening.
"In addition, the nursery industry’s marketing initiative, 202020 Vision and, more recently, Plant Life Balance (used under by Hort Innovation under trademark from NGIA), is helping to boost demand for green life and secure a stronger, more sustainable future for the industry."
Source: Your Levy at Work
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 10/17/2018 US (FL): Jet Fresh Flower creates preserved rose pink ribbon
- 10/16/2018 US (FL): Dewar Nurseries launches new family-owned brand: Elizabeth & Alexandra
- 10/15/2018 Home Garden Conference: how to reach the next generations?
- 10/12/2018 Tour operator births horticultural tourism in Kenya
- 10/11/2018 The changing face of plant retail
- 10/10/2018 Winners of first American Grown Flowers Month merchandising contest announced
- 10/10/2018 Bringing garden benefits to America’s most vulnerable children
- 10/10/2018 New export platform for Belgian agricultural products
- 10/08/2018 Pyracantha: October Garden Plant of the Month
- 10/08/2018 Rose Parade efforts in full swing
- 10/08/2018 US (MI): Spring Meadow raises $1 million for cancer cure
- 10/08/2018 American Flowers Week 2019 branding unveiled
- 10/05/2018 OZ Planten's Nathan & Elfrieda prepare for construction trip to Guatemala
- 10/05/2018 Ethiopia: OVC Center inaugurated in Koka
- 10/04/2018 US (FL): Jet Fresh opens doors and supports breast cancer awareness
- 10/02/2018 US (FL): A traffic manager’s perspective on flowers
- 10/02/2018 Flower Council of Holland launches new campaign
- 09/28/2018 “You don’t necessarily need a professional photo studio”
- 09/27/2018 US: 2nd annual #FlowerLoveVideoContest kicks off October 1
- 09/26/2018 Grow & Drop in Pots to help growers and retailers score big this holiday season