- Grower - Australia
- Director of Marketing & Communications - Summerland (BC), Canada
- Lead Auditor
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region - Antwerp - Quality Assurance Supervisor
- Medior Sales Engineer - Netherlands
- General Manager Australia
- Chief plant protection agronomist
- Сhief agronomist
- Head of Sales for Mexico and Latin America
- Finance Manager for a Leading International Fresh Produce Business
- Australia: Opportunity to comment on national tree standard revision (1)
- Schroll is developing the hydrangea production in Portugal (3)
- US: AFE educational grant applications due June 1 (2)
- "Plenty of opportunities to expand markets outside Russia's major cities" (1)
- Coloured by Gerbera presents new assortment (1)
- "Customers are looking for different shades of red roses" (1)
- US: Is the era of thermal transfer printers over? (2)
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (46)
- Southern hemisphere's largest solar water heating facility at LVG Plants (1)
- Photoreport: Horticontact (1)
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
Hot flowers activate fire alarm, force jet into emergency landing
Martinair flight MPH-7342 was travelling from Miami in the US to Amsterdam in Holland.
There was a crew of six on board including animal welfare specialists as the flight was carrying 52 horses. There was also a consignment of flowers as well as a vehicle on board.
The KLM Cargo Boeing 747-400 freighter, operating on behalf of Martinair, was two hours west of Ireland when the crew declared an emergency about 11am Irish time.
After the plane landed fire officers used thermal imaging cameras to check the fuselage for evidence of heat or fire.
It is understood no evidence of a fire was found and the animals were unharmed.
Emergency services now believe heat from a consignment of flowers in the forward cargo hold activated the aircraft’s fire detection system.
Read more at The Irish Times (Pat Flynn)
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 10/17/2018 New data loggers introduced at PMA
- 10/12/2018 Kuehne + Nagel strengthens footprint in Indonesia through strategic acquisition
- 10/11/2018 Emerson releases GO Real-Time Secure Tracker
- 10/09/2018 Mexico: DSV opens 20,000 m2 warehouse in Monterrey
- 10/08/2018 Etihad Cargo introduces new freighter network
- 10/08/2018 Why are flowers so special?
- 10/05/2018 Kenya: Study on airfreight in the horticulture industry
- 10/04/2018 "Innovation, education, collaboration a recipe for overcoming floral transportation issues"
- 10/04/2018 Kenya: President Uhuru briefed on direct flights between Doha-Mombasa
- 10/03/2018 Floricultura delivers the first plants with its new ‘book plug’
- 10/01/2018 FlashLink In-Transit Real-Time Mini Logger showcased at WOP Dubai
- 09/28/2018 Kuehne + Nagel expands regional network in Central Asia and Caucasus
- 09/27/2018 The flower story - longread about flower logistics
- 09/20/2018 Finding air capacity in the Transatlantic lane
- 09/19/2018 New safety system for CC-trolleys
- 09/18/2018 Unlocking the cold chain potential
- 09/18/2018 Custom-made water cars for quick and safe transport of cut flowers
- 09/14/2018 Kenya Airways adds additional two flights to Cape Town
- 09/14/2018 US: Six airports to remain closed through Friday
- 09/12/2018 Tackling Brexit uncertainty & supply chain resilience