Job offersmore »
- Account Manager Foodservice en Groothandel DACH - Netherlands
- Business Development Manager - California
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Import Assistant and Operations Assistant - Netherlands
- Farms Director UK - South East
- Agronomist to work abroad
- Export salesperson GERMANY - Barcelona, Spain
- Account Manager Zachtfruit Scandinavië en Duitsland - Netherlands
- International Editor
- Experienced tomato grower - Angola
Last commentsmore »
- Women's Day: "Russian market is growing up" (37)
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (1174)
- "I tested my growing media, now what?" (11)
- Will sea freight be an alternative to Latin American air freight? (175)
- "25% annual production growth Mexican phalaenopsis" (16)
- Sneak peek California Spring Trials 2018 (3)
- Milestones, lessons from Californias historic drought (34)
- Schroll is developing the hydrangea production in Portugal (2)
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
June 6, Bleiswijk
NL: Applications for plant breeding in greenhouse horticulturePlant breeding is the basis for the creation of new plant varieties that are more resilient, with high production and quality, which satisfies the requests of the consumers. In the area of genomic selection and high throughput technology, knowledge and expertise on crop physiology, resilience and phenotyping are essential to reliably predict the potential of a new plant genotype.
WUR Greenhouse Horticulture can contribute to the breeding process by applying their state-of-the-art greenhouses' facilities, physiological knowledge, automated measuring systems, data analysis by means of crop growth modelling, while considering commercial best practices. In a seminar, they will inform you about the latest developments in these fields and discuss how this could contribute to plant breeding.
Click here for more information and to register.
Publication date: 5/16/2018
Other news in this sector:
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.