Job offersmore »
- Hydroponic Crop Manager - Tahiti
- Manager Operational Excellence - El Salvador
- Area Manager North Europe - The Netherlands
- Senior Veredelaar Bloemen
- Consultant - Head of Sales or Greenhouse Owner
- Consultant - Head Grower of Greenhouse
- IPM Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Labor Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Assistant Farm Manager - Australia
- New Product Development Assistant Manager
Last commentsmore »
- Eurovision winner to baptize Jamala tulip at Flower Expo Ukraine (1)
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (1230)
- Cool night temperatures induce crown buds in garden mums (1)
- Kenya: Cut flower exports up 16 percent (1)
- Fertil improves its biodegradable pots (1)
- Daylily flowers help China's anti-poverty campaign to bloom (2)
- Parfum Flower Company organizes trip to Kenya for florists (1)
- Hydrangea Runaway Bride 'Snow White' named Plant of the Year (1)
- Influencing plant growth with LED light (1)
- Kenya: Mount Elgon Orchards expands with 2ha (1)
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
June 6, Bleiswijk
NL: Applications for plant breeding in greenhouse horticulturePlant breeding is the basis for the creation of new plant varieties that are more resilient, with high production and quality, which satisfies the requests of the consumers. In the area of genomic selection and high throughput technology, knowledge and expertise on crop physiology, resilience and phenotyping are essential to reliably predict the potential of a new plant genotype.
WUR Greenhouse Horticulture can contribute to the breeding process by applying their state-of-the-art greenhouses' facilities, physiological knowledge, automated measuring systems, data analysis by means of crop growth modelling, while considering commercial best practices. In a seminar, they will inform you about the latest developments in these fields and discuss how this could contribute to plant breeding.
Click here for more information and to register.
Publication date: 5/16/2018
Other news in this sector:
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.