Job offersmore »
- Account Manager Foodservice en Groothandel DACH - Netherlands
- Business Development Manager - California
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Import Assistant and Operations Assistant - Netherlands
- Farms Director UK - South East
- Agronomist to work abroad
- Export salesperson GERMANY - Barcelona, Spain
- Account Manager Zachtfruit Scandinavië en Duitsland - Netherlands
- International Editor
- Experienced tomato grower - Angola
Last commentsmore »
- Women's Day: "Russian market is growing up" (37)
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (1174)
- "I tested my growing media, now what?" (11)
- Will sea freight be an alternative to Latin American air freight? (175)
- "25% annual production growth Mexican phalaenopsis" (16)
- Sneak peek California Spring Trials 2018 (3)
- Milestones, lessons from Californias historic drought (34)
- Schroll is developing the hydrangea production in Portugal (2)
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
University of Florida Greenhouse Training Online courses win national awardThe Greenhouse Training Online (GTO) program offered to growers by the University of Florida IFAS Extension is the winner of the 2018 Extension Division Education Materials Award from the American Society for Horticultural Science. Over 1300 growers have participated in GTO courses, with an 80% success rate.
Eight courses for greenhouse and nursery growers are offered this year last 4 weeks, and include streaming video lessons, readings and assignments (about 2 hours total commitment per week). Courses are in English and Spanish and can be accessed at any time of day. Click here to register.
The first two courses begin on June 4 2018: Greenhouse 101 and Costing & Profitability.
Greenhouse 101 teaches basic horticulture science, and is designed to help staff with no formal training make better crop management decisions.
Costing and Profitability helps grower managers develop the skills to accurately estimate production cost and profit for your greenhouse or nursery business.
For more information, go to hort.ifas.ufl.edu/training/, or contact Greenhouse Training, Environmental Horticulture, University of Florida, USA, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Publication date: 5/15/2018
Other news in this sector:
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.