Job offersmore »
- Hydroponic Crop Manager - Tahiti
- Manager Operational Excellence - El Salvador
- Area Manager North Europe - The Netherlands
- Senior Veredelaar Bloemen
- Consultant - Head of Sales or Greenhouse Owner
- Consultant - Head Grower of Greenhouse
- IPM Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Labor Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Assistant Farm Manager - Australia
- New Product Development Assistant Manager
Last commentsmore »
- Eurovision winner to baptize Jamala tulip at Flower Expo Ukraine (1)
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (1230)
- Cool night temperatures induce crown buds in garden mums (1)
- Kenya: Cut flower exports up 16 percent (1)
- Fertil improves its biodegradable pots (1)
- Daylily flowers help China's anti-poverty campaign to bloom (2)
- Parfum Flower Company organizes trip to Kenya for florists (1)
- Hydrangea Runaway Bride 'Snow White' named Plant of the Year (1)
- Influencing plant growth with LED light (1)
- Kenya: Mount Elgon Orchards expands with 2ha (1)
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
University of Florida Greenhouse Training Online courses win national awardThe Greenhouse Training Online (GTO) program offered to growers by the University of Florida IFAS Extension is the winner of the 2018 Extension Division Education Materials Award from the American Society for Horticultural Science. Over 1300 growers have participated in GTO courses, with an 80% success rate.
Eight courses for greenhouse and nursery growers are offered this year last 4 weeks, and include streaming video lessons, readings and assignments (about 2 hours total commitment per week). Courses are in English and Spanish and can be accessed at any time of day. Click here to register.
The first two courses begin on June 4 2018: Greenhouse 101 and Costing & Profitability.
Greenhouse 101 teaches basic horticulture science, and is designed to help staff with no formal training make better crop management decisions.
Costing and Profitability helps grower managers develop the skills to accurately estimate production cost and profit for your greenhouse or nursery business.
For more information, go to hort.ifas.ufl.edu/training/, or contact Greenhouse Training, Environmental Horticulture, University of Florida, USA, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Publication date: 5/15/2018
Other news in this sector:
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.