Job offersmore »
- Hydroponic Crop Manager - Tahiti
- Manager Operational Excellence - El Salvador
- Area Manager North Europe - The Netherlands
- Senior Veredelaar Bloemen
- Consultant - Head of Sales or Greenhouse Owner
- Consultant - Head Grower of Greenhouse
- IPM Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Labor Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Assistant Farm Manager - Australia
- New Product Development Assistant Manager
Last commentsmore »
- Eurovision winner to baptize Jamala tulip at Flower Expo Ukraine (1)
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (1230)
- Cool night temperatures induce crown buds in garden mums (1)
- Kenya: Cut flower exports up 16 percent (1)
- Fertil improves its biodegradable pots (1)
- Daylily flowers help China's anti-poverty campaign to bloom (2)
- Parfum Flower Company organizes trip to Kenya for florists (1)
- Hydrangea Runaway Bride 'Snow White' named Plant of the Year (1)
- Influencing plant growth with LED light (1)
- Kenya: Mount Elgon Orchards expands with 2ha (1)
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Netherlands: Keukenhof welcomed 1.4 million visitorsIn 2018, Keukenhof once again had a successful season. Visitors gave the flower exhibition a 9 out of 10 score. 1.4 million people visited the park; the same number as last year.
More young people visited Keukenhof. The average age decreased from 48 to 46 thanks to the increasing number of families with children and groups of people in their 20s and 30s.
The climate was more unpredictable than ever. The first few weeks were extremely cold, then copious rain fell and the month of May was subsequently very warm. Despite it all, the park remained colourful right the way through to the last day.
Visitors came from 100 countries. 20% from the Netherlands, followed by Germany, America, France, China and Great Britain.
Major traffic issues were avoided in the Bollenstreek [bulb growing area]. Increasing numbers of visitors are opting to come by public transport using the Keukenhof Express van Schiphol, Leiden and Haarlem.
Keukenhof’s 2019 theme will be Flower Power, the strength of flowers.
In 2019, Keukenhof will be open from 21 March to 19 May.
For more information:
Publication date: 5/15/2018
Other news in this sector:
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.