Job offersmore »
- Account Manager Foodservice en Groothandel DACH - Netherlands
- Business Development Manager - California
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Import Assistant and Operations Assistant - Netherlands
- Farms Director UK - South East
- Agronomist to work abroad
- Export salesperson GERMANY - Barcelona, Spain
- Account Manager Zachtfruit Scandinavië en Duitsland - Netherlands
- International Editor
- Experienced tomato grower - Angola
Last commentsmore »
- Women's Day: "Russian market is growing up" (37)
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (1174)
- "I tested my growing media, now what?" (11)
- Will sea freight be an alternative to Latin American air freight? (175)
- "25% annual production growth Mexican phalaenopsis" (16)
- Sneak peek California Spring Trials 2018 (3)
- Milestones, lessons from California’s historic drought (34)
- Schroll is developing the hydrangea production in Portugal (2)
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Netherlands: Keukenhof welcomed 1.4 million visitorsIn 2018, Keukenhof once again had a successful season. Visitors gave the flower exhibition a 9 out of 10 score. 1.4 million people visited the park; the same number as last year.
More young people visited Keukenhof. The average age decreased from 48 to 46 thanks to the increasing number of families with children and groups of people in their 20s and 30s.
The climate was more unpredictable than ever. The first few weeks were extremely cold, then copious rain fell and the month of May was subsequently very warm. Despite it all, the park remained colourful right the way through to the last day.
Visitors came from 100 countries. 20% from the Netherlands, followed by Germany, America, France, China and Great Britain.
Major traffic issues were avoided in the Bollenstreek [bulb growing area]. Increasing numbers of visitors are opting to come by public transport using the Keukenhof Express van Schiphol, Leiden and Haarlem.
Keukenhof’s 2019 theme will be Flower Power, the strength of flowers.
In 2019, Keukenhof will be open from 21 March to 19 May.
For more information:
Publication date: 5/15/2018
Other news in this sector:
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.