Job offersmore »
- Hydroponic Crop Manager - Tahiti
- Manager Operational Excellence - El Salvador
- Area Manager North Europe - The Netherlands
- Senior Veredelaar Bloemen
- Consultant - Head of Sales or Greenhouse Owner
- Consultant - Head Grower of Greenhouse
- IPM Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Labor Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Assistant Farm Manager - Australia
- New Product Development Assistant Manager
Last commentsmore »
- Eurovision winner to baptize Jamala tulip at Flower Expo Ukraine (1)
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (1230)
- Cool night temperatures induce crown buds in garden mums (1)
- Kenya: Cut flower exports up 16 percent (1)
- Fertil improves its biodegradable pots (1)
- Daylily flowers help China's anti-poverty campaign to bloom (2)
- Parfum Flower Company organizes trip to Kenya for florists (1)
- Hydrangea Runaway Bride 'Snow White' named Plant of the Year (1)
- Influencing plant growth with LED light (1)
- Kenya: Mount Elgon Orchards expands with 2ha (1)
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Paclobutrazol removal from irrigation water using granular activated carbonPaclobutrazol is a commonly used plant growth regulator for controlling plant height, which has biological activity in the parts per billion range and a half-life in water of over 6 months. Pesticides such as paclobutrazol have potential to accumulate in recaptured irrigation water over time.
A recently published article outlines various experiments conducted at the University of Florida where irrigation water containing paclobutrazol was effectively removed using a laboratory-scale granular activated carbon (GAC) filtration system. There is potential that GAC can be used to remediate recaptured irrigation water for a range of agrichemicals relevant to the greenhouse and nursery industry.
Access the full study through SpringerLink.
Publication date: 5/16/2018
Other news in this sector:
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.