- Grower - Australia
- Director of Marketing & Communications - Summerland (BC), Canada
- Lead Auditor
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region - Antwerp - Quality Assurance Supervisor
- Medior Sales Engineer - Netherlands
- General Manager Australia
- Chief plant protection agronomist
- Сhief agronomist
- Head of Sales for Mexico and Latin America
- Finance Manager for a Leading International Fresh Produce Business
- Australia: Opportunity to comment on national tree standard revision (1)
- Schroll is developing the hydrangea production in Portugal (3)
- US: AFE educational grant applications due June 1 (2)
- "Plenty of opportunities to expand markets outside Russia's major cities" (1)
- Coloured by Gerbera presents new assortment (1)
- "Customers are looking for different shades of red roses" (1)
- US: Is the era of thermal transfer printers over? (2)
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (46)
- Southern hemisphere's largest solar water heating facility at LVG Plants (1)
- Photoreport: Horticontact (1)
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
Paclobutrazol removal from irrigation water using granular activated carbon
A recently published article outlines various experiments conducted at the University of Florida where irrigation water containing paclobutrazol was effectively removed using a laboratory-scale granular activated carbon (GAC) filtration system. There is potential that GAC can be used to remediate recaptured irrigation water for a range of agrichemicals relevant to the greenhouse and nursery industry.
Access the full study through SpringerLink.
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 05/31/2018 Understanding water quality: The key to beautiful flowers
- 05/30/2018 "It is algae time again!"
- 05/29/2018 US (CA): Brought to you by water
- 05/28/2018 UK: Measuring and improving the performance of overhead irrigation
- 05/25/2018 Every essential nutrient buffered to the exact pH
- 05/24/2018 US: Determining effective methods of irrigation as water becomes scarce
- 05/23/2018 "Rising cost of both water and electricity influences quality and quantity of crops"
- 05/22/2018 Innovative watering system: taking weight as starting point
- 05/21/2018 Pilot project: Optimizing RO processes
- 05/18/2018 Dealing with salty irrigation water
- 05/17/2018 Tank supplier catches the eye of the wastewater industry
- 05/16/2018 Paclobutrazol removal from irrigation water using granular activated carbon
- 05/15/2018 Irrigation water quality and soil structural stability
- 05/14/2018 The art and science of watering greenhouse crops
- 05/11/2018 'Striving together for a better environment and less taxation on the environment'
- 05/10/2018 Podcast about water challenges
- 05/09/2018 "You Can Cut Time…Instead of Flowers”"
- 05/08/2018 Video: Combining water reuse and aquifer storage and recovery
- 05/07/2018 What in your irrigation water most affects media pH?
- 05/04/2018 "Water purification without large investment on your own installation"