Job offersmore »
- Hydroponic Crop Manager - Tahiti
- Manager Operational Excellence - El Salvador
- Area Manager North Europe - The Netherlands
- Senior Veredelaar Bloemen
- Consultant - Head of Sales or Greenhouse Owner
- Consultant - Head Grower of Greenhouse
- IPM Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Labor Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Assistant Farm Manager - Australia
- New Product Development Assistant Manager
Last commentsmore »
- Eurovision winner to baptize Jamala tulip at Flower Expo Ukraine (1)
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (1230)
- Cool night temperatures induce crown buds in garden mums (1)
- Kenya: Cut flower exports up 16 percent (1)
- Fertil improves its biodegradable pots (1)
- Daylily flowers help China's anti-poverty campaign to bloom (2)
- Parfum Flower Company organizes trip to Kenya for florists (1)
- Hydrangea Runaway Bride 'Snow White' named Plant of the Year (1)
- Influencing plant growth with LED light (1)
- Kenya: Mount Elgon Orchards expands with 2ha (1)
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
"Defining the 2019 assortment is key at the FlowerTrials"FlowerTrials is the event at which to choose next season’s pot and bedding assortment. From Petunia through Phalaenopsis to Pelargonium and Primula, the latest breeding achievements in major crops as well as niche products are presented at the 32 locations. FlowerTrials can also be the moment to share business and promotional plans for next season.
Photo credit: Marieke Boon Fotografie
Gill Corless, Chairwoman of the FlowerTrials Foundation: “Growers, exporters and retailers can certainly make the most of this event by visiting the FlowerTrials together. A grower will examine the production process, an exporter the logistics and retailers know about consumer choice at point of sale. We want to promote this cooperation! After all, our motto is ’where plants meet people’ and having all the relevant people and plants together makes planning for the following season much easier and faster.”
Preview all innovations online
An effective and efficient visit can be prepared by examining the main new varieties of each breeder online via the FlowerTrials website. Pre-registered visitors to the event also receive the FlowerTrials newsletters presenting the latest breeding achievements while social media channels cover all the major highlights. Next to the popular Facebook and Twitter accounts, FlowerTrials also has an Instagram page with inspirational photography. Videos showing new introductions from many of the breeders with the main USPs can meanwhile be viewed on the FlowerTrials’ extensive Vimeo channel.
“The FlowerTrials website is a huge source of information when researching new varieties to update the assortment. Also our social media channels are increasingly popular with visitors when preparing which of the FlowerTrials locations to visit”, states Norman Cools, PR & ICT Manager VWS FlowerBulbs and in charge of the FlowerTrials social media.
For more information:
Jacoba van Beierenweg 97-1A
2215 KW Voorhout
T: +31 (0)71 - 364 91 01
F: +31 (0)71 - 364 91 02
Publication date: 5/16/2018
Other news in this sector:
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.