Job offersmore »
- Account Manager Foodservice en Groothandel DACH - Netherlands
- Business Development Manager - California
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Import Assistant and Operations Assistant - Netherlands
- Farms Director UK - South East
- Agronomist to work abroad
- Export salesperson GERMANY - Barcelona, Spain
- Account Manager Zachtfruit Scandinavië en Duitsland - Netherlands
- International Editor
- Experienced tomato grower - Angola
Last commentsmore »
- Women's Day: "Russian market is growing up" (37)
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (1174)
- "I tested my growing media, now what?" (11)
- Will sea freight be an alternative to Latin American air freight? (175)
- "25% annual production growth Mexican phalaenopsis" (16)
- Sneak peek California Spring Trials 2018 (3)
- Milestones, lessons from California’s historic drought (34)
- Schroll is developing the hydrangea production in Portugal (2)
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
US: Controlling lavender ‘Phenomenal’ flower stalk growthIf you are still shipping spring lavender, you might be interested in ideas on keeping those flower stalks somewhere close to the shipping cart. A few years ago, Peace Tree Farm released the new, vigorous lavender ‘Phenomenol’ and at their request, we evaluated the growth retardants, Dazide, Dazide/Citadel tank mix, Piccolo 10 XC and Concise, for regulation of flower stalk growth.
by Joyce Latimer, Virginia Tech
Liners were donated by Peace Tree Farm and planted in trade gallon plastic pots in August, bulked in the greenhouse until October and overwintered in a cold frame in Blacksburg VA. The PGR treatments were applied when flower stalks emerged in early May, as foliar spray applications at the label recommended volume. The Dazide treatment was re-applied at two weeks after the initial PGR applications.
We measured flower stalk height at 2, 4 and 6 weeks after treatment and noted the number of days to first open flower.
Read more at Fine Americas
Publication date: 5/16/2018
Other news in this sector:
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.