Job offersmore »
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
- Farm Manager - Perth, Western Australia
- Expansion manager
- Horticultural Specialist - Emeryville (CA) USA
- Sales Manager Europe Division
- Grower - Delta, (OH) USA
- Export Sales - Perth, Australia
- Production Manager Indonesia - Magelang/Central Java, Indonesia
- Director ASIA Research Station Operations - Bangkok, Thailand
- Spécialiste Technique et commercial Biocontrôle pour l’Ouest de la France
Last commentsmore »
- Colombian plant growers to get nursery research center (9)
- Women's Day: "Russian market is growing up" (152)
- Universities breed new varieties and careers (1)
- First record of the fungus Blumeriella kerriae in the UK (1)
- Schroll is developing the hydrangea production in Portugal (2)
- USA Bouquet Company joins forces with Dutch Flower Group’s Retail Division (1)
- The journey of Mother's Day flowers captured in pictures (1)
- UK: Senecio ‘Angel Wings’ wins new product award at Glee (1)
- "Hydrangea market finally develops in a more quality oriented direction" (2)
- India: "High potential for orchid cultivation in Odisha" (3)
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Four breeders launch breeding platform
For more than four years, four companies in the ornamental horticulture trade - KP Holland, Interplant Roses, Schoneveld Breeding and Sion Young Plants - have been working together closely in the field of breeding. Now, these independent family businesses are establishing Breeding Accel, a knowledge platform that unites the expertise and research capacity of the individual companies. Its objective is to reduce the time to market, invest jointly in the latest breeding technologies, and exchange knowledge. Since none of these companies competes with each other with regard to their genetics, this maximises transparency and collaboration.
The breeders will present their collaboration to their business associates during the FlowerTrials held on 12 - 15 June. Meanwhile, the platform's new website is now online: www.breedingaccel.com.
Accelerating time to market
The agreement was officially signed at KP Holland in Naaldwijk, The Netherlands. "The exclusive alliance of these four companies joins our forces and facilitates our exchange of knowledge. Naturally, our customers - the growers - will also benefit from this collaboration: starting material of even higher quality as well as a shorter breeding cycle providing quicker access to new genetics.
"We are committed to accelerating the time to market. The use of the latest technologies will also make it easier to realise products displaying truly distinctive characteristics. Yet another advantage for customers is that they will have access to a very wide range of products: from roses to Kalanchoë, Spathiphyllum, Curcuma, Primula, Ranunculus, Cyclamen, Campanula and Phalaenopsis", according to spokesman Peter van de Pol, Owner-Director, Schoneveld Breeding.
For more information:Breeding Accel
Publication date: 6/11/2018
Other news in this sector:
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.