Job offersmore »
- Hydroponic Crop Manager - Tahiti
- Manager Operational Excellence - El Salvador
- Area Manager North Europe - The Netherlands
- Senior Veredelaar Bloemen
- Consultant - Head of Sales or Greenhouse Owner
- Consultant - Head Grower of Greenhouse
- IPM Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Labor Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Assistant Farm Manager - Australia
- New Product Development Assistant Manager
Last commentsmore »
- Bidens & Calibrachoa take center stage at Danziger Flower Trials display (7)
- US (OK): Specialty crop grants available (7)
- Anthura reintroduces Cypripedium in Switzerland (7)
- US (CA): Flower farms threatened by fires (7)
- Guatemala: Dümmen Orange worried about missing employees (12)
- Why B.C.’s floriculture industry is blooming in challenging times (12)
- China: Oboya signs broad cooperation agreement (16)
- Sneak peek California Spring Trials (13)
- Australia: Pesticide usage and effective phytotoxicity management (13)
- Little robot looks after plants (12)
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- US (SD): Family reflects on 47 years in the greenhouse business
- Denmark: New series of bio roses named with champagne
- Cool night temperatures induce crown buds in garden mums
- Pakistan: Opportunities for floriculture and greenhouse techniques
- Australia: "Imported flowers carry pests that risk agriculture industries"
Exchange ratesmore »
AutoStix wins GreenTech Innovation Award
The GreenTech started today, and this morning the winners of the GreenTech Innovations Awards were announced. Of the 22 nominated products, AutoStix by Visser HortiSystems won the GreenTech Innovation Award 2018. IRIS! Scout robot by Metazet-FormFlex took home the GreenTech Innovation Concept Award, Priva Academy won the GreenTech Impact Award, and the GreenTech Sustainability Award went to the Poseidon by Van der Ende Groep.
Winner GreenTech Innovation Award 2018: AutoStix - Visser Horti Systems
AutoStix is a new system that automates the planting of cuttings and creates efficiency in nurseries using a patented transplanter with biodegradable strips. Cuttings harvested from mother stock can immediately be stuck to the AutoStix strip that is designed to stimulate the root system. This enables the high-density shipping of cuttings whilst still providing an air space for each stem, improving quality.
Jury: "A new, unique way of planting cuttings using excellently designed high tech combined with sustainable materials. Visser Horti System’s Autostix has it all: it is a commercially successful innovation, featuring strong technology developed in close partnership and a real game changer using smart product design. The jury unanimously chose Autostix as the winner of the GreenTech Innovation Award 2018."
Visit Visser Horti Systems at stand: 11.410
Winner GreenTech Innovation Concept Award 2018: IRIS! Scout robot - Metazet-FormFlex
Robot for registering plant health and diseases in greenhouses. The technology is based on the patented Saber sensor that detects pests, diseases and deficiencies early on. The robot can also be equipped with cameras, a gyro sensor and sensors for: RH%, Temperature, CO2, Crop head temperature and a PAR sensor resulting in almost total plant control.
Jury: "Managing crops using highly sensitive, precise technology is modern horticulture’s future. Although Metazet-FormFlex’s Scoutrobot has only just been launched, the jury believes that this very sophisticated technology has enormous potential and suits modern crop management perfectly."
Visit Metazet-FormFlex at stand: 12.107
Winner GreenTech Impact Award 2018: Priva Academy - Priva Horticulture
Priva Academy: access to knowledge, whenever, wherever. Priva Academy is a free online education service for growers worldwide, the Priva partner network and the Priva organisation. Users can learn more about irrigation, climate, energy, labour and production processes in a horticultural and indoor environment. Priva Academy helps to reduce CO2 emissions (32 tons) and saves 1.2 Mio on overheads.
Jury: "Successfully exporting new technology to growers around the world not only entails providing the latter with new tools, but also that you take responsibility for training and educating them on how to use these tools in the best way possible. The jury believes that with Priva Academy, Priva has taken on that responsibility becoming an example to many others."
Visit Priva at stand: 08.133
Winner GreenTech Sustainability Award: Poseidon - Van der Ende Groep
The Poseidon was specially developed for growers who sluice off water to discharge sodium: a system that extracts sodium from drainage water with maximum retention of valuable nutrients. Preventing plant protection products ending up in nature. The water treatment system is equipped with a reverse osmosis system to concentrate the water to be discharged thereby reducing its volume by some 80%.
Jury: "Water quality is an issue of increasing importance to the horticulture sector. The Van der Ende Groep’s unique Poseidon technology is a clear example of how to manage water very sustainably. The jury is of the opinion that rising demand for clean water will give Poseidon technology a bright future."Visit the Van der Ende Groep at stand: 12.506
For more information:
Publication date: 6/12/2018
Other news in this sector:
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.