Job offersmore »
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
- Farm Manager - Perth, Western Australia
- Expansion manager
- Horticultural Specialist - Emeryville (CA) USA
- Sales Manager Europe Division
- Grower - Delta, (OH) USA
- Export Sales - Perth, Australia
- Production Manager Indonesia - Magelang/Central Java, Indonesia
- Director ASIA Research Station Operations - Bangkok, Thailand
- Spécialiste Technique et commercial Biocontrôle pour l’Ouest de la France
Last commentsmore »
- Colombian plant growers to get nursery research center (9)
- Women's Day: "Russian market is growing up" (152)
- Universities breed new varieties and careers (1)
- First record of the fungus Blumeriella kerriae in the UK (1)
- Schroll is developing the hydrangea production in Portugal (2)
- USA Bouquet Company joins forces with Dutch Flower Group’s Retail Division (1)
- The journey of Mother's Day flowers captured in pictures (1)
- UK: Senecio ‘Angel Wings’ wins new product award at Glee (1)
- "Hydrangea market finally develops in a more quality oriented direction" (2)
- India: "High potential for orchid cultivation in Odisha" (3)
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Holex expands facility with vacuum cooler
"In 25 minutes to the perfect transportation temperature"
Vacuum cooling is a modern pre-cooling method to ensure a high quality of fresh products during long-term transport, at the beginning of the shipment journey. Recently Holex installed a vacuum cooler in their facility. It works like this: a packed shipment of cut flowers is put in a special air-tight space, where in 25 minutes the temperature of the products is reduced to a temperature between 1 and 4 degrees Celsius. This is the ideal product temperature for cut flower air freight shipments to deliver to the airlines.
The vacuum cooler can handle up to 8 pallets per treatment. The Holex facility already has a number of pre-cooling units in the expedition cold store.
In association with FlowerWatch, Holex has started registering and monitoring the quality criteria regarding the vacuum cooling of air shipments, in order to be the first flower export company that receives the “FlowerWatch Quality Standard for Global Flower Supply Chain”.
Vacuum cooler solves logistical challenges
Managing Director Paul Hoogenboom: ‘Holex Flower is expanding rapidly to distant markets, which entail considerable logistical challenges when we look at product temperatures and quality level. This new vacuum cooler is a welcome addition to our facility and shipping process, and with the use of it, we can maintain our high quality standards.’
For more information:
Publication date: 6/13/2018
Other news in this sector:
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.