Christy Hulsey of the Colonial House of Flowers will join Certified American Grown for a trade mission in China.
During the trip, the group will meet with targeted importers, wholesalers and retailers in Beijing, Shanghai and Kunming to establish contacts and present business information. They will also tour the largest Chinese cut flower growing region in Yunnan Province to gain an understanding of production, its market structure and distribution network.
Last year, a delegation from Certified American Grown met with industry representatives in China.
The delegation headed to China includes:
- Kasey Cronquist, Certified American Grown
- Lane DeVries, Sun Valley Floral Group
- Christy Hulsey, Colonial House of Flowers
- Robert Kitayama, Kitayama Brothers
- Cathy McClintock, Kendall Farms
- Jim Omoto, Kendall Farms
- Mel Resendiz, Resendiz Brothers Protea Growers
- Diana Roy, Resendiz Brothers Protea Growers
- FJ Trzuskowski, Continental Floral Greens
In 2017, Certified American Grown conducted a comprehensive assessment in China to determine the Chinese market potential for increased sales of American Grown Flowers and greens. A five-member team of U.S.-based experts traveled to China to assess the market. As a result, several U.S. flower farmers began shipping to China.