Job offersmore »
- Account-Manager - Wickede/Ruhr, Germany
- Grower for pot plant production - Tönisvorst - Germany
- Assistant Grower & Growers - Ohio, USA
- Fruit & vegetables Export-Import manager - Avignon or Perpignan, France
- Area Manager North Europe - Netherlands
- Area Sales Manager Oost Europa - Netherlands
- Benelux Sales Manager - Grow lights, Holland
- Productie Manager - Ethiopia
- Head of Sales Europe
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
Last commentsmore »
- Email Marketing for Professional Greenhouse Growers (1)
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (1225)
- "Plum Power forever" (19)
- Will sea freight be an alternative to Latin American air freight? (240)
- "During the placement of outdoor screens we've had all types of weather conditions" (1)
- Kenya: Rimi Flora to triple in size (2)
- India: HollandDoor launches new three-year horticultural programme (1)
- Video: Floral Fantasia garden creation time-lapse (1)
- Dümmen Orange and Koppert introduce IPM protocol (1)
- "Compact size is not enough; plants need to make a statement" (1)
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
"Compact size is not enough; plants need to make a statement"FlowerTrials 2018 brought hundreds of visitors from different countries around the world, different disciplines and positions within the industry. The event is an opportunity to learn more about the global market's most significant needs and trends.
One of the biggest trends this year was plants for urban lifestyles. “This year we saw a lot of interest in plants that appeal to the urban consumer,” says Ori Danziger, Deputy CEO at Danziger. “Space is limited in many urban settings, so growers and consumers are looking for plants that fit small patio or even balcony containers. Creating the perfect plant for this use may be tougher than you might think.” Many times there are only two or three plants used in an urban setting. Sometimes, it’s just one, stand-alone pot. “We’ve found that the plant not only needs to be compact in size, it also has to have an impressing appearance,” added Danziger.
At their display, Danziger presented a showcase for plants relevant for urban living, expanding the potential of some of their varieties as an answer to this exact need. Plants were presented in various sizes and pots, in order to help the visitor envision the final use at the consumer patio. Colibri Calibrachoa, with its compact habit, was used to create small patio table pots. Nano Portulaca, which has a small habit but extra-large flowers, provided balance between size and vibrant color impact. Golden Empire, a special variety of the Timeless Bidens collection, is a variety that is very well suited to the urban trend. Its tall habit and large flowers, make it a sunny, stand-alone piece in a small container.
This trend is addressed by other breeders as well, such as Royal Van Zanten Showmakers Aster for pots, which has vibrant colors and an impressive appearance.
One of the plants receiving a lot of attention by growers and retailers targeting urban consumers was Capella Petunia. “Capella is an excellent plant for people with small gardens, patios or balconies, because it starts small, and grows into a floriferous ball of color at the consumer level,” says Danziger. “Capella Pink Lace, and Capella Purple Veins, introduced only last year, are getting good feedback from growers and retailers. They tell us this variety is very compatible with the urban garden trend.”
Learn more about Capelle and the other Danziger varieties in the new 2018-2019 annuals catalog, available here.
For more information:
Danziger - "Dan" Flower Farm
Danziger - "Dan" Flower Farm
Publication date: 6/26/2018
Other news in this sector:
Pls send price for your new petunia varieties
Mustafa Kamal, Lahore, Pakistan (email) - 6/27/2018 9:16:54 PM
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.