Job offersmore »
- Account-Manager - Wickede/Ruhr, Germany
- Grower for pot plant production - Tönisvorst - Germany
- Assistant Grower & Growers - Ohio, USA
- Fruit & vegetables Export-Import manager - Avignon or Perpignan, France
- Area Manager North Europe - Netherlands
- Area Sales Manager Oost Europa - Netherlands
- Benelux Sales Manager - Grow lights, Holland
- Productie Manager - Ethiopia
- Head of Sales Europe
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
Last commentsmore »
- Email Marketing for Professional Greenhouse Growers (1)
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (1225)
- "Plum Power forever" (19)
- Will sea freight be an alternative to Latin American air freight? (240)
- "During the placement of outdoor screens we've had all types of weather conditions" (1)
- Kenya: Rimi Flora to triple in size (2)
- India: HollandDoor launches new three-year horticultural programme (1)
- Video: Floral Fantasia garden creation time-lapse (1)
- Dümmen Orange and Koppert introduce IPM protocol (1)
- "Compact size is not enough; plants need to make a statement" (1)
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
June 25-27, 2018:
US (IL): International Floriculture Expo coming to an end
The International Floriculture Expo is coming to an end today. From June 25-27, over 200 exhibitors presented fresh cut flowers, foliage/potted plants, giftware/accessories, lawn/garden, and floral-related business services. It is said to be North America’s largest floral event for mass market retailers
Not only US companies are presenting their products, Canadian, Kenyan, Ethiopian, Ecuadorian and Taiwanese companies are too. The floral buyer attendance continues to increase year over year and last year, over 1,500 floral professionals attended the event, including companies like 1800Flowers, Ahold, FTD, Trader Joe's, Whole Foods Market and Meijer.
The organization, exhibitors and visitors posted pictures of the event on Social Media. In order to give you an impression of the exhibition, we gathered some pictures that we found on Facebook and Twitter.
Just before the exhibition opened its doors on June 26, International Floriculture Expo posted these four pictures on their Facebook page: "The calm before the storm... doors open in 45 minutes! Here’s a sneak peek into some of our amazing exhibitor booths The Elite Flower, FreshBlooms, Sunshine Bouquet Company, Alexandra Farms Fresh Cut Garden Roses #floriexpo"
East Africa Trade and Investment Hub: "The Hub is supporting Kenya Flower Council (KFC) and Ethiopian Horticulture Producer Exporters Association to exhibit at the International Floriculture Expo (IFE) in Chicago, U.S.A. DAI Global USAID Kenya USAID East Africa" (source: Facebook page East Africa Trade and Investment Hub)
Kenya Flower Council: "Visit the Kenya pavilion booth #4858 #IFEchicago. Happening now. Beautiful flowers from @SianRosesKE Flamingo, Finlays, Simbi and Uniflora." (Source: Twitter page Kenya Flower Council)
(Source: Twitter page Kenya Flower Council)
Maria Lourdes Reyes Alvarado: "Ball getting ready for IFE Chicago 2018" (Source: Facebook page Maria Lourdes Reyes Alvarado)
(Source: Facebook page Just Add Water)
Another great Iron Designer Competition for the books! Congratulations to Adam Havrilla for winning the title and to Josè Morales for winning crowd favorite! Thank you to Natural Flowers for sponsoring the event! @ McCormick Place (Source: Facebook page International Floriculture Expo)
Next year, in 2019, the International Floriculture Expo will move to Miami, Florida. With Florida being a hub for many of our customers it is the hope of the organizers that being “close to home” will make for an amazing event in 2019.
For more information
International Floriculture Expo
International Floriculture Expo
Other news in this sector:
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.