Job offersmore »
- Account-Manager - Wickede/Ruhr, Germany
- Grower for pot plant production - Tönisvorst - Germany
- Assistant Grower & Growers - Ohio, USA
- Fruit & vegetables Export-Import manager - Avignon or Perpignan, France
- Area Manager North Europe - Netherlands
- Area Sales Manager Oost Europa - Netherlands
- Benelux Sales Manager - Grow lights, Holland
- Productie Manager - Ethiopia
- Head of Sales Europe
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
Last commentsmore »
- Email Marketing for Professional Greenhouse Growers (1)
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (1225)
- "Plum Power forever" (19)
- Will sea freight be an alternative to Latin American air freight? (240)
- "During the placement of outdoor screens we've had all types of weather conditions" (1)
- Kenya: Rimi Flora to triple in size (2)
- India: HollandDoor launches new three-year horticultural programme (1)
- Video: Floral Fantasia garden creation time-lapse (1)
- Dümmen Orange and Koppert introduce IPM protocol (1)
- "Compact size is not enough; plants need to make a statement" (1)
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Digna van Zanten takes over as Managing Director at WPSAs of 1 August this year, there will be a change in the composition of the WPS board and Digna van Zanten will officially take over as Managing Director from Marc Knulst and from her father, owner and founder, Eef van Zanten.
Marc has found a new opportunity as director at Perfectkeur. He will ensure a smooth transfer of his duties until 1 August. Over the last 2.5 years, Marc Knulst has played an important role at WPS and the company would like to thank him for all his efforts, all the progress and for the growth he brought.
For several years, Digna has been closely involved at board level. Eef will take a step back, as has already been put into effect, but keep an advisory role.
Digna: “In recent years I have been closely involved at board level and I see it as a great challenge to take WPS further. My main focus will be on engaging and inspiring the employees and providing the right solutions and service to customers."
Innovation and facing challenges remain important
WPS became an independent company in 2002, starting with the Walking Plant System. The product range was quickly expanded, with the right solution for the customer always being central. WPS now has a complete product range in the area of automation for pot plant cultivation and plant research, and the company supplies logistics systems worldwide.
In the last few years, WPS has focused on, among other things, robotics solutions. WPS sees a lot of potential for the developed solutions in the area of packaging. Innovation and facing challenges have been the leitmotif for WPS’s success and shall continue to play an important role in the future. In addition, collaboration with partners and professionalisation shall continue to be important themes.
For more information
Publication date: 6/27/2018
Other news in this sector:
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.