PlantHaven welcomes Augustus Green, who is joining the PlantHaven Plants Team from Santa Barbara City College. He will be recording all the activity at the "2018 Go Trials". This year's trial will include many new candidates. The team is hard at work getting them ready for their premier North American viewing.
Augustus and the team moved all the plants into their new trial positions in WK25 2018. Crops for this year are predominately grown in 2-gallon and 5-gallon specimen containers. The 2018 trial is varied and diverse with many new Zone 5 perennials, colorful fast-turn shrubs, and some new container garden items.
Sneak Peek 2018 Go Trials
Lines which are already turning heads with early visitors include:
- Happy Hen & Chick Candidates - These supersized candidates are ideal for 2-gallon specimens. Hardy to Zone 4
- Bejou Bougainvillea - Ideal for 2-gallon and 5-gallon landscape applications
- Tall Dark & Handsome Pelargoniums
- Landscape Roses - Ruby red flowers, low mounding habit
- 'Heartthrob' Achillea - Soft, fernlike foliage with deep velvet red flowers
These are just a sampling of the many crops the plants team is evaluating this summer.