Job offersmore »
- Hydroponic Crop Manager - Tahiti
- Manager Operational Excellence - El Salvador
- Area Manager North Europe - The Netherlands
- Senior Veredelaar Bloemen
- Consultant - Head of Sales or Greenhouse Owner
- Consultant - Head Grower of Greenhouse
- IPM Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Labor Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Assistant Farm Manager - Australia
- New Product Development Assistant Manager
Last commentsmore »
- Eurovision winner to baptize Jamala tulip at Flower Expo Ukraine (1)
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (1230)
- Cool night temperatures induce crown buds in garden mums (1)
- Kenya: Cut flower exports up 16 percent (1)
- Fertil improves its biodegradable pots (1)
- Daylily flowers help China's anti-poverty campaign to bloom (2)
- Parfum Flower Company organizes trip to Kenya for florists (1)
- Hydrangea Runaway Bride 'Snow White' named Plant of the Year (1)
- Influencing plant growth with LED light (1)
- Kenya: Mount Elgon Orchards expands with 2ha (1)
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Berg Hortimotive renews pipe rail trolleys:
New foot switch pipe-rail trolleys is more ergonomic
At the end of 2017, Berg Hortimotive decided to renew the foot pedal, which is used to drive and stop pipe-rail trolleys. The old foot pedals that were used before, among others on the Benomic series pipe-rail trolleys, can now also be replaced by a new, more ergonomic version. When the new foot switch is pressed, it is in fact completely flush with the platform of the pipe-rail trolley, which means a lower workload for employees.
Foot pedal as a solution for automatic driving
In the past, it was customary that pipe-rail trolleys drove automatically unless the brakes were used. However, because of a number of accidents with pipe-rail trolleys, the Inspectorate SZW prohibited this method. As a result, the foot pedal can now only be used as an accelerator pedal.
Foot pedal on pipe-rail trolley often not an ideal solution
However, the above-mentioned solution was not always ideal, since the continuous pressing down of a foot pedal led to a considerable static load. After all, pipe-rail trolleys are driving during a very large part of the working day, which means that employees almost continuously have to press down the pedal. This was the reason to look for a more ergonomic and sophisticated solution.
New foot pedal improvement on all fronts
The new foot pedal from Berg Hortimotive is not only an ergonomic improvement, but the switch works without contact, there is no mechanical wear, which means less maintenance. In addition, the new foot pedals are installed completely separated, so there are no edges where dirt can accumulate and the platform of the pipe rail trolley can easily be kept clean.
The new foot switches can be installed on almost all pipe-rail trolleys from Berg Hortimotive. This requires a combination with an adaptation in the electrical circuit.
For more information:
Publication date: 8/7/2018
Other news in this sector:
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.