Job offersmore »
- Hydroponic Crop Manager - Tahiti
- Manager Operational Excellence - El Salvador
- Area Manager North Europe - The Netherlands
- Senior Veredelaar Bloemen
- Consultant - Head of Sales or Greenhouse Owner
- Consultant - Head Grower of Greenhouse
- IPM Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Labor Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Assistant Farm Manager - Australia
- New Product Development Assistant Manager
Last commentsmore »
- Eurovision winner to baptize Jamala tulip at Flower Expo Ukraine (1)
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (1230)
- Cool night temperatures induce crown buds in garden mums (1)
- Kenya: Cut flower exports up 16 percent (1)
- Fertil improves its biodegradable pots (1)
- Daylily flowers help China's anti-poverty campaign to bloom (2)
- Parfum Flower Company organizes trip to Kenya for florists (1)
- Hydrangea Runaway Bride 'Snow White' named Plant of the Year (1)
- Influencing plant growth with LED light (1)
- Kenya: Mount Elgon Orchards expands with 2ha (1)
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
September 18, Padova
How to organise an international horticultural exhibitionThere are many factors to consider when organising an International Horticultural Exhibition: How an Expo benefits a city and how to make it a commercial success, how to make successful events and experiences for visitors, and how to make sure the landscape is maintained to the highest possible standards.
Speakers will address these important topics at the International Association of Horticultural Producers (AIPH) Expo Conference to take place in Padova, Italy on 18 September 2018.
Keynote Speaker Mr. Kees van Rooij, Mayor of Meierijstad, the Netherlands will speak about why the Floriade was so important for his city and region and how an Expo can be used as part of city development. Mr. van Rooij is former Mayor of Horst aan de Maas, in the region of Floriade 2012 in Venlo.
Making your Expo a Commercial Success Mr. Vincenzo Grassi, PwC (Italy) will outline techniques to ensure the finances work well at your expo using his experience with Expo 2015 Milan. This includes securing commercial sponsorship and how to make the deals that work for you.
Experience Planning for Expos Mr. Tony Sefton, Vision XS (UK) will discuss the stages and team needed to build a successful project from the start.
Other topics include Staging Successful Events During an Expo and Ensuring the Perfect Landscape in your Expo.
During the afternoon there will also be progress reports from upcoming International Horticultural Expos as well as applications for the future. These include Expo Progress Reports on A1 World Horticultural Exhibitions in Beijing, China 2019, Almere, the Netherlands 2022 and Lodz, Poland 2024.
AIPH Secretary General, Tim Briercliffe said: The AIPH Expo Conference is open to anyone involved in the organisation of a Horticultural Expo or with an interest in the potential for an Expo. As an added benefit for people from the horticulture industry they can include it within a visit to Flormart and join other aspects of the AIPH Congress as they wish.
The conference will take place during the 70th AIPH Annual Congress and within the AIPH-approved Flormart trade fair. The event is supported by Flormart and the Italian Nursery Stock Exporters Association (ANVE).
For further details see http://aiph.org/events/padova/expo/ and please register by 10th August.
For more information:
Publication date: 8/7/2018
Other news in this sector:
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.