Job offersmore »
- Hydroponic Crop Manager - Tahiti
- Manager Operational Excellence - El Salvador
- Area Manager North Europe - The Netherlands
- Senior Veredelaar Bloemen
- Consultant - Head of Sales or Greenhouse Owner
- Consultant - Head Grower of Greenhouse
- IPM Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Labor Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Assistant Farm Manager - Australia
- New Product Development Assistant Manager
Last commentsmore »
- Eurovision winner to baptize Jamala tulip at Flower Expo Ukraine (1)
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (1230)
- Cool night temperatures induce crown buds in garden mums (1)
- Kenya: Cut flower exports up 16 percent (1)
- Fertil improves its biodegradable pots (1)
- Daylily flowers help China's anti-poverty campaign to bloom (2)
- Parfum Flower Company organizes trip to Kenya for florists (1)
- Hydrangea Runaway Bride 'Snow White' named Plant of the Year (1)
- Influencing plant growth with LED light (1)
- Kenya: Mount Elgon Orchards expands with 2ha (1)
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Ori Danziger, Deputy CEO, Danziger:
"Personalization is a necessity, especially in well-developed markets"Starting 27/8 and up until 31/8 Danziger will host an “open-days” event at its site in Vereda Pontezuela, Antioquia (Colombia). During this week, growers, buyers, designers and florists will be able to explore a myriad portfolio of chrysanthemums. The event will take place at the Danziger farm, which was established in 2014, and is used as an R&D site, as well as an elite production site, to serve the local market.
This year, Danziger decided to add a new layer of context to its portfolio, by splitting all mums not only to “agronomical” segments (i.e. daisy, cushion etc.) but rather to examine all varieties from the user point of view, or as they call it, persona.
“In order to be able to answer unfulfilled needs in the market, and to bring true innovation, we understand that we have to work outside of the box. Whether it’s on the retail level, Bouquet Company or even the end consumer, there are different tendencies and tastes, and we want to address each and every one of them in the best possible way. This is why we created a new framework which is based on 3 main personas: the classic, the trendy and the naïve. Each represents a type of user, a unique style and preferences. By observing the persona, not just the agronomical characteristics, we are able to screen our product pipe-line from a different perspective, and find more, new solutions for market special needs.
"This framework is facilitated on all levels, starting from our breeders, through our farm team, sales and marketing, so that we all speak in the same language, and starting this open-days event, we will also communicate it with our customers”, says Ori Danziger, Deputy CEO.
During the Danziger event, visitors will be invited to explore the wide assortment of daisy, cushion, anemone or spider mums, under the new “persona” context, that will, according to Danziger, help buyers appreciate the varieties on a deeper level. The display will be composed of best sellers, new introductions and future candidates. For example, under the “classic” persona, you will be able to see Atlantis which is Judith (also known as: Doña Carlota), for the “trendy” persona there is Cuchi which is Megan (also known as: Carolina) and in the more “naïve” style, the company presents Crazy Ladies which is Zoey (also known as: Vickey).
“We are working in all areas to ensure best quality flowers. This is a combination of genetics, elite stock supply, and professional services and guidance we provide to our customers. For example, with Atlantis, which is by far the leading daisy mum in the market, we continuously challenge ourselves to improve clones, to educate growers and to support the whole eco-system to achieve high quality flower at the finish point”, says Anat Moshes, VP cut flowers sales at Danziger.
Danziger open days will take place at Vereda Pontezuela, Antioquia site.
For more information:
+57 314 893 6576
Publication date: 8/8/2018
Other news in this sector:
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.