Job offersmore »
- Hydroponic Crop Manager - Tahiti
- Manager Operational Excellence - El Salvador
- Area Manager North Europe - The Netherlands
- Senior Veredelaar Bloemen
- Consultant - Head of Sales or Greenhouse Owner
- Consultant - Head Grower of Greenhouse
- IPM Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Labor Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Assistant Farm Manager - Australia
- New Product Development Assistant Manager
Last commentsmore »
- Eurovision winner to baptize Jamala tulip at Flower Expo Ukraine (1)
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (1230)
- Cool night temperatures induce crown buds in garden mums (1)
- Kenya: Cut flower exports up 16 percent (1)
- Fertil improves its biodegradable pots (1)
- Daylily flowers help China's anti-poverty campaign to bloom (2)
- Parfum Flower Company organizes trip to Kenya for florists (1)
- Hydrangea Runaway Bride 'Snow White' named Plant of the Year (1)
- Influencing plant growth with LED light (1)
- Kenya: Mount Elgon Orchards expands with 2ha (1)
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
US: Insect solutions guides available for ornamental growersSyngenta has released three insect solutions guides to help greenhouse and nursery growers manage resistance while controlling whiteflies, thrips and aphids. The guides include susceptible crops, insect lifecycle details, as well as proven cultural and chemical recommendations for insect prevention and control from technical experts.
“Whiteflies, aphids and thrips are three of the most common insect pests greenhouse and nursery growers face, and also three of the toughest to control,” said Nancy Rechcigl, technical services manager for ornamentals, Syngenta. “With these guides in hand, growers will be able to identify, monitor and prevent pests, rather than rely on curative treatments, which can be more costly and time consuming. Preventing these pests early is imperative to help save resources and ensure a healthy crop.”
The solutions guides include product active ingredients and IRAC group numbers, so growers can identify the appropriate product for their program. Rotating insecticides with different modes of action is essential to control any pest and avoid chemical resistance.
“We hope these guides will be go-to resources for growers dealing with these pests,” said Rechcigl. “We are working to develop more guides, so we can continue to be a partner in growers’ success.”
All three guides can be downloaded at www.GreenCastOnline.com/Ornamentals.
Syngenta has also developed complete agronomic programs for specific crops, including poinsettias and mums. Learn more at www.GreenCastOnline.com/Solutions.
Publication date: 8/9/2018
Other news in this sector:
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.