Job offersmore »
- Hydroponic Crop Manager - Tahiti
- Manager Operational Excellence - El Salvador
- Area Manager North Europe - The Netherlands
- Senior Veredelaar Bloemen
- Consultant - Head of Sales or Greenhouse Owner
- Consultant - Head Grower of Greenhouse
- IPM Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Labor Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Assistant Farm Manager - Australia
- New Product Development Assistant Manager
Last commentsmore »
- Eurovision winner to baptize Jamala tulip at Flower Expo Ukraine (1)
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (1230)
- Cool night temperatures induce crown buds in garden mums (1)
- Kenya: Cut flower exports up 16 percent (1)
- Fertil improves its biodegradable pots (1)
- Daylily flowers help China's anti-poverty campaign to bloom (2)
- Parfum Flower Company organizes trip to Kenya for florists (1)
- Hydrangea Runaway Bride 'Snow White' named Plant of the Year (1)
- Influencing plant growth with LED light (1)
- Kenya: Mount Elgon Orchards expands with 2ha (1)
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
October 9-11, Harare
International horticulture trade fair coming to Zimbabwe soonIn about 2 months Zimbabwe will host the new horticulture trade fair “HortiFlor” at the Harare International Convention Center in the capital of Zimbabwe. “It is about time to boost production and exports of Zimbabwe’s horticulture products. Having been Africa’s 2nd largest exporter, the time has come to get things on the road again and try and see whether a place in the top 3 can be achieved”, the organizer of the trade fair Dick van Raamsdonk of HPP commented.
The exhibition is gearing up and has now almost 40 Zimbabwean and international exhibitors. Growers of vegetables, fruits & flowers as well as various national and international horticultural suppliers have already taken up most of the ground floor exhibit space. There is plenty of space for another 100+ exhibitors on the second floor of the exhibition center in Harare. With a total expected number of 75 exhibitors for this first edition, there is still enough space for interested companies to participate. The world has changed, the circumstances are different, but the demand has stayed. Reason why players in the world of horticulture should be present during the trade event that will run from Tuesday October 9 to Thursday October 11.
Besides the exhibition itself, meetings are being planned by various organizations, all related to Zimbabwe’s horticulture industry. It is expected that there will be a very high and broad interest to attend, by both exhibiting and attending companies from in and outside Zimbabwe. For this reason it is important to pre-register online for an entry badge, since the number of visitors that can enter is limited and admittance subject to industry qualification conditions.
For more information:
Publication date: 8/10/2018
Other news in this sector:
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.