Job offersmore »
- Hydroponic Crop Manager - Tahiti
- Manager Operational Excellence - El Salvador
- Area Manager North Europe - The Netherlands
- Senior Veredelaar Bloemen
- Consultant - Head of Sales or Greenhouse Owner
- Consultant - Head Grower of Greenhouse
- IPM Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Labor Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Assistant Farm Manager - Australia
- New Product Development Assistant Manager
Last commentsmore »
- Eurovision winner to baptize Jamala tulip at Flower Expo Ukraine (1)
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (1230)
- Cool night temperatures induce crown buds in garden mums (1)
- Kenya: Cut flower exports up 16 percent (1)
- Fertil improves its biodegradable pots (1)
- Daylily flowers help China's anti-poverty campaign to bloom (2)
- Parfum Flower Company organizes trip to Kenya for florists (1)
- Hydrangea Runaway Bride 'Snow White' named Plant of the Year (1)
- Influencing plant growth with LED light (1)
- Kenya: Mount Elgon Orchards expands with 2ha (1)
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
"Climate change, land lack nip Philippine floriculture sector in the bud"While the country’s production of chrysanthemums, orchids and roses remained stable, the latest report of the Philippine Statistics Authority (PSA) showed cut flowers posted a decline of 4.94 percent to 8,886 metric tons (MT), from the 9,348 MT recorded in 2016.
The industry reached its peak output with 23,618 MT in 2004. However, general production has been on a 14-year-long decline since then, data from the PSA showed.
The lack of supply has placed an upward pressure on the prices of cut flowers, random interviews with vendors along Dimasalang Road, popularly known as Dangwa Flower Market, showed.
However, vendors in this area said high prices made it difficult for them to rake in sales.
Publication date: 8/9/2018
Other news in this sector:
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.