Job offersmore »
- Hydroponic Crop Manager - Tahiti
- Manager Operational Excellence - El Salvador
- Area Manager North Europe - The Netherlands
- Senior Veredelaar Bloemen
- Consultant - Head of Sales or Greenhouse Owner
- Consultant - Head Grower of Greenhouse
- IPM Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Labor Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Assistant Farm Manager - Australia
- New Product Development Assistant Manager
Last commentsmore »
- Eurovision winner to baptize Jamala tulip at Flower Expo Ukraine (1)
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (1230)
- Cool night temperatures induce crown buds in garden mums (1)
- Kenya: Cut flower exports up 16 percent (1)
- Fertil improves its biodegradable pots (1)
- Daylily flowers help China's anti-poverty campaign to bloom (2)
- Parfum Flower Company organizes trip to Kenya for florists (1)
- Hydrangea Runaway Bride 'Snow White' named Plant of the Year (1)
- Influencing plant growth with LED light (1)
- Kenya: Mount Elgon Orchards expands with 2ha (1)
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
August 22-24, Boskoop
Plantarium 2018: ‘Growing Together – standing together‘Traditionally, at the end of August it is Plantarium time. This year Van der Salm Boskoop, De Fruithof, Waterplantenkwekerij R. Moerings and Van Son & Koot will join forces and will have one exhibit. Four growers who sell an alphabet of plants, from acer to lavender and from nymphaea to prunus.
The four growers think it is crucial to co-operate, especially on a trade fair like Plantarium. There are many advantages of working together, for example the marketing expenses and other costs can be shared. Pieter Heemskerk (van der Salm Boskoop) states that the four growers are much stronger as a group: “Together we have the X-factor!”
This ‘green’ collaboration could also be very appealing to the Plantarium visitor with limited time. In an informal setting it is possible to quickly see and experience the wide assortment and all the novelties from these four growers. Sebastiaan vd Heijden (Van Son & Koot): “The beauty in having a joint trade fair exhibit is that it is fairly easy to share knowledge and strengths. Together we have a beautiful assortment that compliments each other!” Monique Hazen (de Fruithof) agrees with Sebastiaan: “By working together it is much easier to connect with colleagues and with possible business partners. Together we are stronger and have a much bigger scope!”
Jan van Walsem (Waterplantenkwekerij R. Moerings) considers one exhibit at Plantarium as something almost obvious: “The last few years have shown that this concept works very well, we are very happy and it is an excellent opportunity to talk to colleagues.”
The exhibit can be found at #44-47.
Publication date: 8/10/2018
Other news in this sector:
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.