Announcements

Job offersmore »

Tweeting Growers

Last commentsmore »

Top 5 - yesterday

• No news has been published yesterday.

Top 5 - last week

Top 5 - last month

Exchange ratesmore »

India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house

Against the general perception that agricultural growth has slowed down in Punjab in the past few years, experts at Punjab Agricultural University (PAU), Ludhiana, are of the view that technology and policies backed by state and central governments still drive agriculture, the 'mother of economic growth'.

Sangrur horticulture department lends all help to farmers of the district who opt for diversification. Besides beekeeping, the department is also promoting installation of poly houses for off-season vegetable cultivation and floriculture.

Horticulture development officer (HDO) Hardeep Singh said, "It depends on the land holding of a farmer, before we suggest to him what subsidiary occupation he should opt for under the diversification scheme. In the case of a small farmer or landless individuals, the department advises them to go in for beekeeping and in case of big farmers the department suggests poly houses."

He said, "The government gives Rs 80,000 as subsidy on maximum of 50 honey bee boxes whose total cost is around Rs 2 lakh. Moreover, PAU gives five-day training to the bee keeping farmers, as well as to those interested in poly houses. Mostly, it is the young farmers who are showing interest in these two occupations."

Talking about poly houses, he said, "The government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house whose actual cost is Rs 33 lakh, per acre. To date, in Sangrur a total of 20 acres of land is under poly houses. Mainly these are in Malerkotla and Ahmedgarh sub-divisions. In poly houses, farmers grow Gerbera flowers, seedless cucumber, yellow and red capsicum. In all poly houses drip irrigation is used by the farmers."

Talking about Gerbera farming, Hardeep Singh said, "Sowing starts in August and plucking starts in January. Around 25,000-26,000 plants are planted in one acre of poly house. The cost of one plant is Rs 35 and total cost comes to Rs 22 lakh. One Gerbera plant gives approximately 20 flowers in a year and the age of one plant is three years. The farmers get Rs 2-6 per stick increases even up to Rs 8 in the marriage season."

Publication date: 9/9/2015

Other news in this sector:

7/13/2018 Roses: poor supply from Africa
7/12/2018 "Kenya's political stability boosts flower business"
7/11/2018 Kenya: "More than 3,000 dams have no safety permits"
7/11/2018 Egypt: Exports of cut flowers, ornamental plants up to $35 million
7/10/2018 "Weather conditions in Europe helped increase flower sales"
7/10/2018 India: Himachal Pradesh state invests in floriculture
7/10/2018 Greenhouse production in Turkey overview
7/10/2018 Economic diplomacy yields little fruit in Kenya-Asia trade disparity
7/6/2018 UK: Quirky air plants prove popular with Waitrose customers
7/6/2018 Minister MacAulay sets out on 'Growing Canadian Agriculture' tour
7/6/2018 Veiling Rhein-Maas introduces weekly rose forecast
7/6/2018 NL: Summer flowers: Volumes are rising, prices are good
7/6/2018 India: West Bengal eyes international orchid market
7/5/2018 American flower farmers return from trade mission to China
7/4/2018 Australia: Low women in agriculture figures ignite scholarship call
7/4/2018 Ethiopia: Africa’s ‘sleeping giant’ courts foreign investors with reforms
7/4/2018 Uzbekistan: Horticulture sector gets $198 million additional financing
7/4/2018 Kenya to open two new consulates in China to boost ties
7/4/2018 "British flowers use 95% less carbon than imported flowers"
7/4/2018 What happens after Brexit is anybody's guess

Comments:

poli hous lagana he
shyam sundar ahir, nimbahera, Rajasthan - 7/14/2018 2:49:03 PM

I want to establish polyhouse farming pl. Send me all details
Dev kumar, Mathura, Uttar Pradesh - 7/7/2018 5:41:39 PM

I want start flower farming how I get money and help
Gaurav kumar, Seohara disst. Bijnor up, India - 6/30/2018 7:30:02 AM

Respected sir
My self Akshya Kumar s/o Late Parmeshwar Lohar village :-Manatu, post :-Chutupalu, ps:-ormanjhi, District :-Ranchi (jharkhand)
Sir I would like to set poly house for agriculture purpose and I have no idea about it so I would like to know all about it so please give me some idea.
Thanks and have a good day
Yours Akshya Kumar

Akshya Kumar , Ranchi , St (email) - 6/27/2018 5:30:01 AM

We sell different brands of bags of rice at a price which is cheaper when compared with other companies,we can supply you any quantity which you need for your retail and wholesale sales and consumption as from 10bags ,you don't need to pay any fee upfront before we supply you to your location ,what we need is an assurance that when we supply the rice to your location or warehouse there won't be any disappointment from you,and you will make full payment on delivering the rice to your location.Serious buyers that need a supply,should show interest and i will get back to you.Call now on +2347058236867,

call +2347058236867 also call +2348158825725 to get every of your exam problems solved. or email;stanleyreekadobance1998@gmail.com

clara, lagos, nigeria (email) - 10/20/2017 11:47:35 PM

i am very much interested to start HYDROPONIC plantation in my area because there isn't any type of such modern concept in this area and the need of such farmhaus is very much. i have 20acher land of my own
so please if is there any information related to the project please let me know. Thanks.
jalali, India (email) jalalimanzoor@yahoo.com
jalali, kashmir, india (email) - 10/20/2017 10:58:06 AM

Please let me more details for poly house for forming.
Rajamohan Reddy Gangireddy , Hyderabad , India (email) - 6/27/2017 11:04:41 AM

Dear Team,

Please suggest for polyhouse scheme in pauri garhwal, uttarakhand.

Please let us know whom to contact for this ?

Regards,
Sandeep Rana
09650646633
sandeep, pauri, india (email) - 6/17/2017 8:28:24 AM

I am interested to poly house project u can contact me if u hv any idea
yogesh k bhade, CHHINDWARA, india (email) - 6/15/2017 5:13:31 PM

I want to open Poli house plz tell me full information
Pintu, Aligarh, India (email) - 6/12/2017 12:49:18 PM

I want to know from where i get polly house and subsidy my Nr.09897147420
Bhasker Pandey, Nainital, India - 5/27/2017 12:37:52 PM

Please submitt the detail of poly house loan, project etc
Anil Gurav, Bagalkot, India - 5/20/2017 4:57:13 AM

How make poli house and get subsidy
please send all information 9928498490
SANJAY SHARMA , BUNDI , India (email) - 5/1/2017 6:52:26 PM

How make poli house and get subsidy
please send all information 9928498490
SANJAY SHARMA , BUNDI , India (email) - 5/1/2017 6:51:16 PM

How make polo house and get subsidy ?
SANJAY SHARMA , BUNDI , India (email) - 5/1/2017 6:43:33 PM

I want to open Poly house. Please provide me the detail and contact no of concerned person in or near to my place.
Regards,
Rajinder Singh, Panchkula, India - 4/29/2017 11:22:34 AM

I want to start poly house pls cntct me 09914700182
gurwinder singh, Guruharsahai, india - 4/23/2017 3:23:34 PM

I am interested in polyhouse projects please help me
Anurag badouniya, Tikamgarh, India (email) - 4/22/2017 4:21:30 PM

Mujhe polli house kholna hai too mujhe Puri proses batao

Mahesh hagwane, Barshi, Maharashtra (email) - 4/20/2017 3:22:32 AM

I want make polly house
rajesh malee, narsinghpur, india - 4/17/2017 4:39:51 PM

i want to start poly house
brajesh verma, gadarwara, madhay pirdesh (email) - 4/15/2017 3:00:13 PM

Respected sir ,I m interested for poly farming . So contact me n send full details about project n subsidy on my email as above..
Contact no. 9468698231
arpit jain, banswara, india - 4/14/2017 8:07:32 PM

Please send all details about polly House project & u r contect person number.
Sameer Hardikar , Chhindwara , India - 4/14/2017 3:43:20 AM

Please send all details about polly House project & u r contect person number
Sameer Hardikar , Chhindwara , Madhya pradesh - 4/14/2017 3:41:20 AM

plz submited detai poly house agreement paper ..n.how to devlop sir plz ...contact mi
sunil, nashik, india - 4/6/2017 4:10:50 PM

sunil, nashik, india (email) - 4/6/2017 4:07:25 PM

Sir I want making cold hous. I have 3 acrs land my name so please give any ideas
suneel singh bora, khatima, india (email) - 4/2/2017 6:37:04 AM

i want to start poly house ferming please contract me
bhupen borsaikia, duliajan, Assam, india - 3/31/2017 4:53:21 PM

I am very much interested to start rose plantation in my area because there isn't any source of flowers in this area and the need of flowers is very much.
Sanjay kushwaha, Maksudangarh, India (email) - 3/30/2017 6:37:56 PM

i want to open a polly house please contact me and share the related information
shyam mandloi, akodia, india - 3/29/2017 8:02:01 AM

I am intrested for poly house
contact me
Ashwin Maheshwari , badnawar dist. Dhar MP, India - 3/27/2017 8:53:07 AM

i am intresd poly house please
pravin kalal, banswara()rajasthan, india (email) - 3/26/2017 6:50:48 PM

I'm intrested for poly house framing by government subsidy plz contact mee

sourabh sharma
8518013012
7389922013
sourabh sharma, mandsaur, india - 3/18/2017 8:48:46 PM

I want build poly house in My farm.

Govardhan kumavat
at/post Shendurni 424204
tel- jamner dist - Jalgaon
govardhan kumavat, jalgaon, India - 3/15/2017 9:23:05 AM

I want to poly house project.
Habibur Rahaman sk, Burdwan, india (email) - 3/15/2017 8:20:45 AM

I'm intrested for poly house framing by government subsidy plz contact mee
Ratnesh dubey, Utterpradesh, India - 3/12/2017 3:44:12 PM

I want to full information about poly house...my father is farme And he was tell me about poly house...youwill give me full deatils abkuth ploy house sir...

arun sharma, ujjain, india (email) - 3/9/2017 4:49:16 PM

Pls ..... pily house and green house
mukeshpatisar, ujjain, india - 1/29/2017 10:06:28 AM

Please submitt the detail of poly house loan, project etc
Anil P Navgekar , Belgaum, India - 1/21/2017 7:17:25 AM

I want to be establish in zebra flower basis poly house plant
PRAMOD SAHARE, CHHINDWARA, INDIA - 1/15/2017 10:37:55 AM