Announcements

Last commentsmore »

Top 5 - yesterday

Top 5 - last week

Top 5 - last month

Exchange ratesmore »

India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house

Against the general perception that agricultural growth has slowed down in Punjab in the past few years, experts at Punjab Agricultural University (PAU), Ludhiana, are of the view that technology and policies backed by state and central governments still drive agriculture, the 'mother of economic growth'.

Sangrur horticulture department lends all help to farmers of the district who opt for diversification. Besides beekeeping, the department is also promoting installation of poly houses for off-season vegetable cultivation and floriculture.

Horticulture development officer (HDO) Hardeep Singh said, "It depends on the land holding of a farmer, before we suggest to him what subsidiary occupation he should opt for under the diversification scheme. In the case of a small farmer or landless individuals, the department advises them to go in for beekeeping and in case of big farmers the department suggests poly houses."

He said, "The government gives Rs 80,000 as subsidy on maximum of 50 honey bee boxes whose total cost is around Rs 2 lakh. Moreover, PAU gives five-day training to the bee keeping farmers, as well as to those interested in poly houses. Mostly, it is the young farmers who are showing interest in these two occupations."

Talking about poly houses, he said, "The government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house whose actual cost is Rs 33 lakh, per acre. To date, in Sangrur a total of 20 acres of land is under poly houses. Mainly these are in Malerkotla and Ahmedgarh sub-divisions. In poly houses, farmers grow Gerbera flowers, seedless cucumber, yellow and red capsicum. In all poly houses drip irrigation is used by the farmers."

Talking about Gerbera farming, Hardeep Singh said, "Sowing starts in August and plucking starts in January. Around 25,000-26,000 plants are planted in one acre of poly house. The cost of one plant is Rs 35 and total cost comes to Rs 22 lakh. One Gerbera plant gives approximately 20 flowers in a year and the age of one plant is three years. The farmers get Rs 2-6 per stick increases even up to Rs 8 in the marriage season."

Publication date: 9/9/2015

Other news in this sector:

5/19/2017 US (AL): Supplies down as flower growers switch to marijuana
5/19/2017 UK: More flowers sold despite Brexit uncertainties
5/19/2017 NL: Hoorn Bloommasters about global sourcing
5/19/2017 NL: Mother's Day sales better than last few years
5/19/2017 Azerbaijan's flower industry struggles to revive
5/18/2017 Good Mother's Day sales for German wholesalers
5/18/2017 African governments urged to attract youth into agriculture
5/18/2017 "Millennials are extremely good for plant industry"
5/15/2017 Malaysian florists forced to turn to imports
5/15/2017 "Without global trade, there would be no growth"
5/15/2017 "EU partnership with Kenya a recipe for progress"
5/15/2017 US: Floral industry sees push for more research funding
5/11/2017 Will the Chinese want American grown flowers?
5/11/2017 Kenya: Dutch delegation visits Naivasha flower industry
5/11/2017 US: Hawaiian orchid shipper busy for Mother's Day
5/10/2017 NL: "Good auction prices in run-up to Mother's Day"
5/9/2017 Canada: Slow flower movement blooming in Ontario
5/9/2017 Australia: Flower Association warns Mother's Day consumers
5/9/2017 US (ME): Greenhouses, nurseries prep for busy month ahead
5/8/2017 Expansion plans in Belgian greenhouse industry

Comments:

Please submitt the detail of poly house loan, project etc
Anil Gurav, Bagalkot, India - 5/20/2017 4:57:13 AM

Respected sir, poly house order is came at 27-03-2017, but not start at my place sir, what can i do. Send to me sir.

Nagaraj, Siddipet, India (email) - 5/18/2017 3:04:59 AM

Poly house lgvana h

Amit Sharma, Mahwa, India - 5/17/2017 8:46:42 AM

Hi, I am Emerald Cole and I would like to talk about something that has been of great help to me, my family and my company. Few months ago my company suffered a great loss that i couldn't help it, I was at the verge of loosing my house and my company due to bad credit and unpaid loans. I became so desperate that i didn't know what to do to save the situation, I couldn't get a loan from banks and other financial institution due to my bad credit. Then i set out to Seek funds online, where I got scammed of $6,300 by two different lenders. Until I read about Anz Jackson Plc. where i got a loan with no stress. I now have my company back in production more than ever and my credit settle. You can as well reach them at: anzjacksonfinancingplc@yahoo.com or call/ text: +18437769340, for more Information. All thanks to God almighty and the management of Anz Jackson Plc for making this come through. I am sharing this experience so that everyone who are in need can be a part of it.
Emerald Cole, Atlanta, USA (email) - 5/16/2017 11:08:40 PM

hello , sir I want to make poly house farming please tell me how the poly house farming and how to apply for bank subsidy,loan
kumar kethavath , hyderabad, india - 5/16/2017 5:48:04 PM

hello, sir my name Sourabh I am mechanical engineer but I am interested in organic farming so I want to open poly house in my village with central govt scheme so plse inform how to apply for poly house and which site.
sourabh Saxena, bhopal, india (email) - 5/16/2017 3:40:28 PM

i want make poly house forming plz tel me about it
how make poly house which bank loan provide
my pho.no.9663411036
sharanappa hosalli, bangaluru, india - 5/12/2017 1:31:08 PM

Sir mere ko poly house open karna h his to prosser. H
Ravindra. chaudhary, hodal , india (email) - 5/8/2017 4:00:01 AM

Currently working in dubai, want to invest and start a farming in india.
I want to start poly house farming project please provide detail about project file and also provide banks name who provide loans for this project.

Regards

Sharath Rai
00971565656592
Sharath, Managalore, Karnataka, India (email) - 5/4/2017 8:36:24 AM

मुझे पॉलिहॉउस बनाना है पर मगर पर मूजे पता नही है इसकी प्रोसीजर कैशी है तो प्लीज हेल्प करो और मै अग्रिकल्चर हूँ और गार्डेन मॅनेजमेंट करता हूँ इसलिए कौनसी bank लोन देगी
dinesh pawar, nandurbar , india (email) - 5/4/2017 6:27:01 AM

How make poli house and get subsidy
please send all information 9928498490
SANJAY SHARMA , BUNDI , India (email) - 5/1/2017 6:52:26 PM

How make poli house and get subsidy
please send all information 9928498490
SANJAY SHARMA , BUNDI , India (email) - 5/1/2017 6:51:16 PM

How make polo house and get subsidy ?
SANJAY SHARMA , BUNDI , India (email) - 5/1/2017 6:43:33 PM

Kuldeep sharma, Aligarh, India - 5/1/2017 4:04:16 PM

I want to open Poly house. Please provide me the detail and contact no of concerned person in or near to my place.
Regards,
Rajinder Singh, Panchkula, India - 4/29/2017 11:22:34 AM

I want to start poly house pls cntct me 09914700182
gurwinder singh, Guruharsahai, india - 4/23/2017 3:23:34 PM

I am interested in polyhouse projects please help me
Anurag badouniya, Tikamgarh, India (email) - 4/22/2017 4:21:30 PM

Mujhe polli house kholna hai too mujhe Puri proses batao

Mahesh hagwane, Barshi, Maharashtra (email) - 4/20/2017 3:22:32 AM

I want make polly house
rajesh malee, narsinghpur, india - 4/17/2017 4:39:51 PM

i want to start poly house
brajesh verma, gadarwara, madhay pirdesh (email) - 4/15/2017 3:00:13 PM

Respected sir ,I m interested for poly farming . So contact me n send full details about project n subsidy on my email as above..
Contact no. 9468698231
arpit jain, banswara, india - 4/14/2017 8:07:32 PM

मैं इस काम को करने को बहुत दिनो से कोशिश में है और मेरे पास साधन की कमी होने से यह पूरा भी हो पा रहाँ था आपके सहयोग ये सम्भव है आप मेरी मदद करे ..!!
Vinita Mishra , Rewa , India - 4/14/2017 3:11:57 PM

पालिहाऊस बनाने के लिए कौन सी बैक लोन देगी
ईसको बनाने संबंधी पूरी जानकारी बताने की कृपा
करे
Santos parmar, Nagda district-ujjain (M. P. ), India - 4/14/2017 7:03:24 AM

Please send all details about polly House project & u r contect person number.
Sameer Hardikar , Chhindwara , India - 4/14/2017 3:43:20 AM

Please send all details about polly House project & u r contect person number
Sameer Hardikar , Chhindwara , Madhya pradesh - 4/14/2017 3:41:20 AM

Polly house banane ke liye Kon si bank loan Karti hay aur kese kitta anudan hota hay 100*5 0meter ke Polly house ke liye kitana pessa hona jaruri hay

vivek kumar, etah, india (email) - 4/7/2017 9:25:53 AM

plz submited detai poly house agreement paper ..n.how to devlop sir plz ...contact mi
sunil, nashik, india - 4/6/2017 4:10:50 PM

sunil, nashik, india (email) - 4/6/2017 4:07:25 PM

Sir I want making cold hous. I have 3 acrs land my name so please give any ideas
suneel singh bora, khatima, india (email) - 4/2/2017 6:37:04 AM

i want to start poly house ferming please contract me
bhupen borsaikia, duliajan, Assam, india - 3/31/2017 4:53:21 PM

I am very much interested to start rose plantation in my area because there isn't any source of flowers in this area and the need of flowers is very much.
so please if is there any information related to the project please let me know. Thanks.
Sanjay kushwaha, Maksudangarh, India (email) - 3/30/2017 6:37:56 PM

i want to open a polly house please contact me and share the related information
shyam mandloi, akodia, india - 3/29/2017 8:02:01 AM

I am intrested for poly house
contact me
Ashwin Maheshwari , badnawar dist. Dhar MP, India - 3/27/2017 8:53:07 AM

i am intresd poly house please
pravin kalal, banswara()rajasthan, india (email) - 3/26/2017 6:50:48 PM

मेरेको पाली हाउस खोलना हे
Lokesh patel, Ashta mp, India (email) - 3/23/2017 5:43:55 PM

I'm intrested for poly house framing by government subsidy plz contact mee

sourabh sharma
8518013012
7389922013
sourabh sharma, mandsaur, india - 3/18/2017 8:48:46 PM

I want build poly house in My farm.

Govardhan kumavat
at/post Shendurni 424204
tel- jamner dist - Jalgaon
govardhan kumavat, jalgaon, India - 3/15/2017 9:23:05 AM

I want to poly house project.
Habibur Rahaman sk, Burdwan, india (email) - 3/15/2017 8:20:45 AM

I'm intrested for poly house framing by government subsidy plz contact mee
Ratnesh dubey, Utterpradesh, India - 3/12/2017 3:44:12 PM

I want to full information about poly house...my father is farme And he was tell me about poly house...youwill give me full deatils abkuth ploy house sir...

arun sharma, ujjain, india (email) - 3/9/2017 4:49:16 PM

Poly housh ki kheti krna chahta hu plz plz I m ricwest

Mahendra meena, Indore, Madhya Pradesh - 3/7/2017 4:38:31 PM

Hello, please send me details of poli House
brijesh chouhan, ajmer, india - 3/7/2017 9:27:06 AM

How we get finesial support for making greenhouse
Jaduvir singh, Gorakhpur, T India - 2/20/2017 4:03:49 PM

Info.
Swapnil giri, Amravati, India (email) - 2/14/2017 1:58:44 PM

Contact me for polyhouse shed..
prashant, kannod, india - 2/13/2017 7:11:35 PM

I m intrested for poly house framing by government subsidy plz contact mee
Govind rajput, indore, india (email) - 2/11/2017 5:31:20 PM

Pls ..... pily house and green house
mukeshpatisar, ujjain, india - 1/29/2017 10:06:28 AM

Please submitt the detail of poly house loan, project etc
Anil P Navgekar , Belgaum, India - 1/21/2017 7:17:25 AM

I want to be establish in zebra flower basis poly house plant
PRAMOD SAHARE, CHHINDWARA, INDIA - 1/15/2017 10:37:55 AM