Job offersmore »
- Department Chair and Professor of Human Ecology - Davis (CA) USA
- Factory Manager Assistant - Huizhou, China
- Internal Salesperson - Netherlands
- Crop Manager - Northern France
- Farm General Manager - Egypt
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
- Projectleider Export - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Sales representative - Eastern PA, DE, MD, VA & WV, USA
- Sales representative - Michigan, USA
- Assistant Grower - Delta (BC), Canada
Last commentsmore »
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (898)
- Will sea freight be an alternative to Latin American air freight? (14)
- FlowersExpo’2017 and the Russian flower market (1)
- FloraHolland market information: less supply at Christmas (2)
- There's a bromeliad for everyone (3)
- Japan: Cyclamen losing popularity as year-end gift (1)
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
First contract for European ‘Malus Royal Raindrops’ signedThe American breeder of the new ‘Malus Royal Raindrops’ (‘JFSKW5’), J.F. Schmidt, recently signed the first European contract with Plantipp B.V. and Baumschule Ley in Germany.
Art Anderson of J.F. Schmidt and Christoph Dirksen of Baumschule Ley signed the contract (photo: Peter van Rijssen).
The ‘Malus Royal Raindrops’ is a crab-apple, 3.5 metres tall with a lot of magenta coloured flowers. The serrated edges on its leaves are purple and have a lovely autumn colour. This Malus has very good branching and is highly disease-resistant. It copes very well with cold and drought conditions.
The management of the Malus is channeled through Plantipp. Baumschule Ley will be handling the propagation.
For more information:
Publication date: 1/18/2016
Other news in this sector:
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.