- Produce sales professionals
- Salesman - Vojvodina, North Serbia
- Internationaal Verkoper / Trader AGF - Barendrecht
- Production lab manager - Oregon, USA
- Verkoper Groothandelsmarkten - Rotterdam
- Procurement Executive - Middle East
- Experienced export manager looking for new opportunities
- Sales Executive Fruit & Exotics - Rotterdam
- Product Manager / Concept Manager - Verspakketten - Ridderkerk
- District sales manager - British Columbia and Alberta, Canada
- Australia: Opportunity to comment on national tree standard revision (1)
- Schroll is developing the hydrangea production in Portugal (3)
- US: AFE educational grant applications due June 1 (2)
- "Plenty of opportunities to expand markets outside Russia's major cities" (1)
- Coloured by Gerbera presents new assortment (1)
- "Customers are looking for different shades of red roses" (1)
- US: Is the era of thermal transfer printers over? (2)
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (46)
- Southern hemisphere's largest solar water heating facility at LVG Plants (1)
- Photoreport: Horticontact (1)
Top 5 -yesterday
- “Not just fighting, but also controlling biofilm build-up in your irrigation system”
- The impact of sustainable packaging on the floral industry
- "An industry of big hearts"
- Identifying foreign direct investment opportunities in Nepal
- Controlling conditions according to plant temperature opens up more possibilities
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
Southern hemisphere's largest solar water heating facility at LVG Plants
LVG Plants, South Africa's largest indoor plant supplier, greatly invested in sustainability. The company recently invested R25-million in the southern hemisphere's largest solar water heating facility. The enormous field of solar panels harvests solar energy, which heats a storage tank - housing almost as much water as an Olympic-size swimming pool - and that is then piped into eight greenhouses.
That's the equivalent of 14 rugby fields of potted orchids, lavender, roses, lilies and anthuriums, none of which would grow from tiny delicate little things into saleable plants outside of a constant temperature of around 28C.
Given that not every day of the year is clear and sunny, even this giant solar set-up can't provide 100% of the greenhouses' heating needs all year round, but based on its performance in the six months since installation, managing director Geert van Geest estimates that over a year it will provide a massive 80% of the required hot water.
Click here for the entire article at timeslive.co.za
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2018-11-12 Canadian middleman swindles Gakon out of 550,000 euros
- 2018-11-09 US (VA): Premier Tech invests in Horticulture and Agriculture Group plant
- 2018-11-09 Thermoflor restarts after takeover by KSPL Holding
- 2018-11-08 Oboya signs major strategic cooperation agreement in China
- 2018-11-08 Farewell to construction worker Juup Bosman after fifty years of service
- 2018-11-07 US: Oregon Lean Consortium open to new members
- 2018-11-07 UK: AHDB to recruit new sector board members
- 2018-11-07 Jenbacher gas engine supplier continues as stand-alone company
- 2018-11-06 Open day at J.P. Hogewoning during Trade Fair Aalsmeer
- 2018-11-06 Syngenta adds new directors to the Board
- 2018-11-05 "Holding on to bamboo turned out to be the right decision"
- 2018-11-05 Dümmen Orange welcomes Chris Berg to Integrated Product Team
- 2018-11-05 Landgard CEO is 'Entrepreneur of the Year'
- 2018-11-02 US: Verdesian announces four new vice presidents of sales
- 2018-11-02 Vineland Research and Innovation Centre announces CEO departure
- 2018-11-02 “The future is what I'm going to deal with from now on”
- 2018-11-02 New varieties, new show & trial facilities at Select Breeding
- 2018-11-02 "Karuturi casuals invade flower farm, subdivide land"
- 2018-11-01 US (LA): Ag inputs provider makes donation to Botanic Gardens at Burden
- 2018-11-01 Industry honors legacy of Gus De Hertogh
this company is very well in planting i also work within this company same a general worker under contract building solar panel and it was so good working in this company
singo mpho, polokwane - 2018/09/01 09:25:56.000