Job offersmore »
- Department Chair and Professor of Human Ecology - Davis (CA) USA
- Factory Manager Assistant - Huizhou, China
- Internal Salesperson - Netherlands
- Crop Manager - Northern France
- Farm General Manager - Egypt
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
- Projectleider Export - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Sales representative - Eastern PA, DE, MD, VA & WV, USA
- Sales representative - Michigan, USA
- Assistant Grower - Delta (BC), Canada
Last commentsmore »
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (898)
- Will sea freight be an alternative to Latin American air freight? (14)
- FlowersExpo’2017 and the Russian flower market (1)
- FloraHolland market information: less supply at Christmas (2)
- There's a bromeliad for everyone (3)
- Japan: Cyclamen losing popularity as year-end gift (1)
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
British view on worldwide cut flower business
Video: The Billion Pound Flower Market‘The Billion Pound Flower Market’ is a documentary which shows the British vision on the worldwide cut flower business. FloraHolland plays an important role in the documentary, which was recently broadcast on Channel 4.
In the summer, Channel 4 filmed at Royal FloraHolland, traders and wholesale. The documentary producers also engaged in discussions with several floriculture experts. The documentary offers a glimpse into the Dutch cut flower industry in comparison with the UK. One way the British are trying to compete with the Dutch cut flower sector, is by encouraging the British people to buy domestic products.
Click here to view the documentary. Use the following password: Flowers
Other news in this sector:
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.