Job offersmore »
- General Manager, King George, Virginia, United States
- Grower Manager Lettuce & Herbs - Malaysia
- Account Manager - Netherlands
- International Account Manager Tomato
- Experienced Tomato Grower - China
- CITRUS COMMERCIAL - Spain
- Account Manager Groene Ruimte en Pest Control Nederland
- Junior Accountmanager
- Junior Sales Engineer
- Junior Sales Engineer
Last commentsmore »
- Florists wanted for British Flowers Week photoshoot (1)
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (396)
- Roses Forever's new spray rose remembers John Williams (1)
- Second edition Flower Expo Poland now open for registration (1)
- Ethiopia: "Employees are our most valuable assets" (1)
- Taiwan: Taichung to host flora expo in 2018 (1)
- New orchid found in Costa Rica (1)
- How do you develop biological pesticides? (1)
- NL: A look behind the scenes at alstroemeria breeder, propagator (1)
- Kenya: New 10 ha farm for Mzurrie Flowers (1)
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Biltmore International Rose Trials
Rosarian Ping Lim receives ‘Best Hybrid Tea’ awardAfter two years of trialing, Altman Plants announces that their Rosarian, Ping Lim, received an award for his patented rose, “Double 10” (PPA). The rose was awarded the Pauline Merrell Award for ‘Best Hybrid Tea’ at the 2016 Biltmore International Rose Trials.
The event took place on a clear, pleasant Saturday morning on September 24, 2016. An international jury judged the final round of the trials and attendees observed the beautiful varieties of roses displayed at the estate. The family owned Biltmore estates, located in Asheville, North Carolina, has remained preserved since its construction in 1895 and has trialed roses for the past five years.
The Biltmore International Rose Trials are considered a competitive trial where both amateur and professional hybridizers from around the world submit their rose specimens. Roses are put through a two-year trial and are tested four times per year. The flowers are evaluated based on their resistance to disease, vigor, ability to rebloom annually as well as fragrance. “The Biltmore is a very competitive trial for rose hybridizers internationally. It is an honor to have our rose specimen win,” says Rosarian Ping Lim, “That is one of the main reasons we participated. It holds such value to us.”
Altman Plants entered the “Double 10” (PPA) based on a voted decision. Curious about the name, Ping Lim answered, “Double 10 means October 10, which is the birthday of the Republic of China,” Ping explained. “It was revealed at a ceremony by the Taiwan Consulate in Houston last October.” The “Double 10” (PPA) is a patented rose that has been created for, minimal care, and increased resistance to disease. All patented roses created by Altman Plants are environmentally friendly, which means that the plants are not sprayed.
In the past two years, Altman Plants has received two awards for their rose specimens and look forward to The Biltmore International Rose Trials in the coming years.
For more information:
Publication date: 11/3/2016
Other news in this sector:
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.