Job offersmore »
- Outside Technical Sales Position, Horticulture - Canada
- Area Manager Russia
- Machine Operator Buitendienst
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
- Business Development Manager - The Netherlands
- Greenhouse Construction Workers - U.S.
- (Senior) Werkvoorbereider/Engineer Kas Plus - Netherlands
- International Account Manager - Netherlands
- Business Advisor - China
- Account Manager for Technical Horticultural Greenhouse Products - Canada
Last commentsmore »
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (454)
- Veiling Rhein-Maas expands Premium Quality label to lilies (4)
- In 2016 we visited 26 trade shows and shot 5,054 pictures! (1)
- Kenyan rose production falls short of international demand (2)
- China gets slap on the wrist for illegal copying Dutch varieties (1)
- US: Growers respond to GM petunia news (1)
- Photoreport: Horticontact (1)
- US (FL): Bromeliad expert about hybridyzing bromeliads (1)
- India: "High potential for orchid cultivation in Odisha" (1)
- "Fight against thrips is not only won above ground" (1)
Top 5 - yesterday
- Brazil: Despite crisis, opportunities for growth
- How the bumblebee coincidentally saved the greenhouse industry
- US (CA): Monterey County helps former flower growers switch to marijuana
- NL: Cut flower prices under pressure by warm weather and French holiday
- Chrysanthemum blooming test of Royal van Zanten Colombia
Top 5 - last week
- Wabara expands into new markets with exclusive partnerships
- US (IL): Sunshine delphinium named in honor of John Simko
- Father and sons team harvests sunflowers for British Flowers Week
- Germany: VB Group builds 'Elite' greenhouse for Dümmen Orange
- Wildfire transitions to full hydroponic rose cultivation
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Osmocote Iron of ICL Specialty Fertilizers:
New fertilizer releases iron throughout growth cycleICL Specialty Fertilizers is introducing Osmocote Iron, a granular solution for plants that require additional iron and sulfur to maintain healthy, attractive foliage. “Osmocote Iron maximizes nutrient efficiency for plants that are iron deficient for a variety of reasons, including high iron demand, high root zone pH levels or highly alkaline irrigation water,” said Kurt Brace, ICL’s ornamental horticulture marketing manager for the Americas. “Simply by topdressing or mixing Osmocote Iron into growing media, you can supply these plants with the iron they need for three to four months.”
Osmocote Iron is Ferric-sulfate-coated with ICL’s E-Max Release Technology, a proprietary coating chemistry used on a wide variety of nutrient components that are incorporated into controlled release fertilizer products. It conveniently delivers a sustained supply of controlled release iron and sulfur in a safe and reliable manner.
Iron helps plants maintain greener foliage, while plants low in sulfur may appear stunted and yellow. While liquid iron drenches can supply plants with additional iron, they must be reapplied frequently to be effective. By providing supplemental iron and sulfur, Osmocote Iron can help improve the overall health and appearance of greenhouse plants, nursery stock, landscape beds and turf.
“Using Osmocote Iron allows for continuous iron release in plant root zones, allowing absorption of iron throughout the growth cycle,” Kurt Brace said. “Because it lasts for three to four months, growers, groundskeepers and lawn care professionals don’t have to reapply as often. That saves them time, labor and, ultimately, money.”
For more information:
Epsilon House, West Road, Ipswich.
T: +44 (0)1473 237100
F: +44 (0)1473 237150
Publication date: 11/18/2016
Other news in this sector:
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.