Job offersmore »
- Export Sales Manager grapes and citrus
- Sales Consultant Fertilizers Spain
- Sales Consultant Fertilizers Italy
- eine/n Verkaufsleiter/in Europa
- Professional greenhouse grower - United States
- Sales Manager - Netherlands
- Sales Assistant - Netherlands
- Logistic Coordinator - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance (QA) Manager - Australia
Last commentsmore »
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (440)
- Photoreport: Horticontact (1)
- Veiling Rhein-Maas expands Premium Quality label to lilies (3)
- US (FL): Bromeliad expert about hybridyzing bromeliads (1)
- India: "High potential for orchid cultivation in Odisha" (1)
- "Fight against thrips is not only won above ground" (1)
- Cyberflora marks new era in digital trade fairs (1)
- Canada: Propagator Bevo Farms now offering Sedum Tiles (1)
- Kenya: Senate probes working conditions on flower farms (1)
- Weight, drain and real time plant activity analysis become grower's sixth sense (1)
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
"soil is removed easier from the plants"
NL: New digging machine for Rijnbeek & SonA new and exclusive digging machine has been specially designed for Boskoop, The Netherlands based Rijnbeek & Son. Delivery was taken earlier this month for immediate work on bareroot lifting.
Arno Rijnbeek takes up the story. “We have been talking to Van Gerven, the supplier of the machine, for the past two years in order to secure its production. Van Gerven has been very supportive to us during this period.“
“We have a digging machine which goes on wheels, but the problem was it kept slipping away in the soft soil here in Boskoop. Shaking off the soil from the plants was not perfect, which meant we spent too much time trying to remove the soil from the plants.“
Bareroot Plant Expansion
“The aim of the new machine is that soil is removed easier from the plants within the machine so that we save time on removing the plants from the field. With an expansion in our area of bareroot plants this is important. The time we now save means we can start earlier in dividing the plants into the different sizes required by our customers. “
“With the new machines going on tracks, instead of wheels, it can also handle the difficult soil profiles we have on our nursery. The entire handling of the machine is with a remote control which makes it much more easier to drive. The early impressions have been excellent. My team are very happy with this addition to the nursery's machinery and it has made bareroot lifting a real pleasure.”
For more information
Rijnbeek & So
H. van Gerven Mechanisatie bv
Publication date: 11/29/2016
Other news in this sector:
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.