Job offersmore »
- Department Chair and Professor of Human Ecology - Davis (CA) USA
- Factory Manager Assistant - Huizhou, China
- Internal Salesperson - Netherlands
- Crop Manager - Northern France
- Farm General Manager - Egypt
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
- Projectleider Export - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Sales representative - Eastern PA, DE, MD, VA & WV, USA
- Sales representative - Michigan, USA
- Assistant Grower - Delta (BC), Canada
Last commentsmore »
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (898)
- Will sea freight be an alternative to Latin American air freight? (14)
- FlowersExpo’2017 and the Russian flower market (1)
- FloraHolland market information: less supply at Christmas (2)
- There's a bromeliad for everyone (3)
- Japan: Cyclamen losing popularity as year-end gift (1)
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
"soil is removed easier from the plants"
NL: New digging machine for Rijnbeek & SonA new and exclusive digging machine has been specially designed for Boskoop, The Netherlands based Rijnbeek & Son. Delivery was taken earlier this month for immediate work on bareroot lifting.
Arno Rijnbeek takes up the story. “We have been talking to Van Gerven, the supplier of the machine, for the past two years in order to secure its production. Van Gerven has been very supportive to us during this period.“
“We have a digging machine which goes on wheels, but the problem was it kept slipping away in the soft soil here in Boskoop. Shaking off the soil from the plants was not perfect, which meant we spent too much time trying to remove the soil from the plants.“
Bareroot Plant Expansion
“The aim of the new machine is that soil is removed easier from the plants within the machine so that we save time on removing the plants from the field. With an expansion in our area of bareroot plants this is important. The time we now save means we can start earlier in dividing the plants into the different sizes required by our customers. “
“With the new machines going on tracks, instead of wheels, it can also handle the difficult soil profiles we have on our nursery. The entire handling of the machine is with a remote control which makes it much more easier to drive. The early impressions have been excellent. My team are very happy with this addition to the nursery's machinery and it has made bareroot lifting a real pleasure.”
For more information
Rijnbeek & So
H. van Gerven Mechanisatie bv
Publication date: 11/29/2016
Other news in this sector:
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.