Job offersmore »
- Assistant Grower - United States
- General Manager (Portugal)
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Sales and Marketing Representative - Canada (British Columbia)
- Werken op een groene productie locatie in Afrika?
- Site Manager - UK
- Avocado Industry Data Analyst - Australia
- Assistant farm manager
- Plant breeder or molecular biologist (Denmark)
- Post-Harvest Senior Manager Required- Kenya
Last commentsmore »
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (425)
- Kenya: Senate probes working conditions on flower farms (1)
- Weight, drain and real time plant activity analysis become grower's sixth sense (1)
- Terra Nova offers sneak peek of 'peacock tail' begonia (1)
- Romania: Flower demand up for Valentine’s Day, Dragobete (1)
- Florists wanted for British Flowers Week photoshoot (1)
- Roses Forever's new spray rose remembers John Williams (1)
- Second edition Flower Expo Poland now open for registration (1)
- Ethiopia: "Employees are our most valuable assets" (1)
- Taiwan: Taichung to host flora expo in 2018 (1)
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
New greenhouse and nursery educator serving west MichiganHeidi Wollaeger Lindberg will begin serving the nurseries and greenhouses of western Michigan, including those in Kent, Ottawa and Allegan counties.
"I will begin serving the greenhouse and nursery industry for Michigan State University Extension Districts 5, 7, and 8 beginning Jan. 2, 2017," Wollaeger writes. "This territory includes high-ranking Michigan counties in the production of ornamental plants, including Ottawa, Kent and Allegan. This region is currently served by Thomas Dudek, who will retire Dec. 31, 2016, after 38 years of service. I will be based out of the Ottawa County MSU Extension office at 12220 Fillmore St. Suite 122, West Olive, MI 49460.
"I will continue to serve the greenhouse and nursery industry in southwest Michigan, which includes Kalamazoo, Calhoun, Barry, Branch, Van Buren, Cass and St. Joseph counties. I joined MSU Extension in August 2013. Prior to joining MSU Extension, I earned my Bachelor of Arts degree in Biology from Wittenberg University and Masters of Science degree in Horticulture while working with Erik Runkle on sole-source LED lighting for horticultural crops."
"Since joining MSU Extension, I have worked on numerous local projects such as lighting and biological control initiatives. I also worked on several national initiatives including being a member of the Electronic Grower Resources Online (e-GRO) group and planning the First National Protecting Pollinators in Ornamental Landscapes Conference. I look forward to working with greenhouse and nursery industries across west Michigan while continuing to work with growers across southwest Michigan."
Source: MSU Extension
Publication date: 12/6/2016
Other news in this sector:
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.