Job offersmore »
- Key Accountmanager Horticulture Glass
- Product & Applicatie Specialist Opkweek
- Assistant Grower - Canada
- Experienced International Buyer/Seller Germany
- Project and Sales Manager - Russia/Caucasian Region
- Quality Coordinator EU in Supply Chain Management Dep.
- Regional Sales Director - United States
- Territory Sales Position - US
- International Tomato Grower - Worldwide
- Grower Manager - US
Last commentsmore »
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (736)
- There's a bromeliad for everyone (1)
- Good opportunities to cultivate orchids in India (3)
- Development of the export oriented cut flower rose industry in Africa (4)
- Photoreport: Horticontact (4)
- "Horticulture in Iran can be an alternative to petroleum" (2)
- NL: Vreugdenhil Young Plants launches new concept Pick & Joy (1)
- Will sea freight be an alternative to Latin American air freight? (1)
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
New fertilizer combines nitrogen, calcium and magnesiumCalcium is essential for proper cell wall development in young plants, stems, terminal buds, bracts, flowers and fruit. Magnesium is a critical component of the chlorophyll molecule, the green pigment that creates energy for plants. Now, ICL Specialty Fertilizers’ Osmocote CalMag 9-0-0 blend is available to provide additional calcium and magnesium to plants that need it most.
“Many plants exhibit calcium or magnesium deficiencies for a variety of reasons,” said Kurt Brace, ICL’s ornamental horticulture marketing manager for the Americas. “By simply adding Osmocote CalMag to their fertilizer programs, growers can provide these plants with a steady supply of calcium and magnesium over time. This practice can eliminate repeat applications, saving time, labor and money.”
Osmocote CalMag is a blend of ICL’s patented E-Max polymer coated technology and micronutrients. It’s ideal for plants that require extra calcium and magnesium, as well as those grown in lower root zone pH levels; those irrigated with low alkalinity rain, surface or well water; or simply those plants tested and found to be deficient in these micronutrients.
Growers can topdress Osmocote CalMag or incorporate it into growing media—a particularly wise practice when using lower lime rates. Plants should be watered immediately following an application of Osmocote CalMag.
“Osmocote CalMag can be used in combination with ICL’s other Osmocote and Peters fertilizers,” Brace said. “By providing supplemental calcium and magnesium, Osmocote CalMag can help improve the overall health and appearance of potted plants, bedding plants, perennials, sub-tropicals and container nursery stock crops.”
For more information:
Epsilon House, West Road, Ipswich.
T: +44 (0)1473 237100
F: +44 (0)1473 237150
Publication date: 12/7/2016
Other news in this sector:
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.