- Product Manager / Concept Manager - Verspakketten - Ridderkerk
- District sales manager - British Columbia and Alberta, Canada
- Grower - Carlisle, Pa. USA
- Account Manager - Melbourne, Australia
- Grower - Australia
- Director of Marketing & Communications - Summerland (BC), Canada
- Lead Auditor
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region - Antwerp - Quality Assurance Supervisor
- Medior Sales Engineer - Netherlands
- General Manager Australia
- Australia: Opportunity to comment on national tree standard revision (1)
- Schroll is developing the hydrangea production in Portugal (3)
- US: AFE educational grant applications due June 1 (2)
- "Plenty of opportunities to expand markets outside Russia's major cities" (1)
- Coloured by Gerbera presents new assortment (1)
- "Customers are looking for different shades of red roses" (1)
- US: Is the era of thermal transfer printers over? (2)
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (46)
- Southern hemisphere's largest solar water heating facility at LVG Plants (1)
- Photoreport: Horticontact (1)
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
US: Ellen Frost recognized at cut flower conference
The Armitage Leadership Award is given to those in the floral industry who consistently strive to foster the goals of ASCFG, and the specialty cut flower industry.
Ellen is recognized as one of the country’s first florists to use and promote exclusively locally-grown floral product: all flowers used in her designs are grown within 100 miles of her studio. Ellen’s philosophy is to be as gentle to the earth as possible: all discarded material is composted, containers used in designs are often upcycled and reused, she swore off using floral foam years ago, and her shop uses wind power as an energy source.
Working with dozens of regional growers, Local Color Flowers is able to produce award-winning wedding and event designs year-round, even in the off season when imported flowers are often used.
Ellen actively supports other small, locally-owned businesses in her Baltimore neighborhood, contributing to their success, and improving the lives of local residents. Many designers working at Ellen’s shop have been there for years, reflecting Ellen’s ability to maintain a business that works for everyone involved, not only the owner, but the workers, farmers, neighbors, and community at large.
Ellen is also admired for encouraging, mentoring, and supporting young or beginning flower growers, by helping them establish their farms, offering production and marketing advice, and purchasing their cut flowers on continuing basis. Many flower farmers in the Mid-Atlantic owe her a great debt of gratitude for her long-term commitment to their success.
For more information:
Association of Specialty Cut Flower Growers
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 10/17/2018 Cal Poly students begin harvesting flowers to decorate school’s 2019 Rose Parade float
- 10/12/2018 US: 1-800-Flowers.com introduces new collection of farm fresh bouquets
- 10/11/2018 UK: Celebrity florist responds to trend with preserved roses from Ecuador
- 10/08/2018 UK: A day in the life of florist Mark Welford
- 10/02/2018 US: IFD and PMA share emerging flower trends
- 09/28/2018 More prizes for Wim Hazelaar Trofee
- 09/27/2018 Singapore: How a florist stayed a blooming business even after 53 years
- 09/26/2018 Alexandra Farms Garden Rose Design Contest winners announced
- 09/25/2018 The delights of dahlias
- 09/20/2018 This photo took 3 months of planning and 5 hours of arranging flowers
- 09/19/2018 US: Shirley Lyons named 2018 Tom Butler "Floral Retailer of the Year"
- 09/18/2018 Meet the artist turning flowers into hyped sneakers
- 09/14/2018 UK: A day in the life of a florist
- 09/12/2018 Flower crowns take over New York runway
- 09/07/2018 New German florist champion crowned
- 09/07/2018 UK : Florismart to style second Royal Wedding
- 09/05/2018 "Somalia: “To me flowers bring in a new light, a solution to the problems faced"
- 09/04/2018 Florists in 36 states plan to ‘petal it forward’
- 08/17/2018 US (MA): Flowerbomb spruces up bus stop
- 08/17/2018 "New York’s flower district is dying"