Job offersmore »
- Area Manager Russia
- Machine Operator Buitendienst
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
- Business Development Manager - The Netherlands
- Greenhouse Construction Workers - U.S.
- (Senior) Werkvoorbereider/Engineer Kas Plus - Netherlands
- International Account Manager - Netherlands
- Business Advisor - China
- Account Manager for Technical Horticultural Greenhouse Products - Canada
- Floriculture Sales and Marketing Professional
Last commentsmore »
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (450)
- In 2016 we visited 26 trade shows and shot 5,054 pictures! (1)
- Kenyan rose production falls short of international demand (2)
- China gets slap on the wrist for illegal copying Dutch varieties (1)
- US: Growers respond to GM petunia news (1)
- Photoreport: Horticontact (1)
- Veiling Rhein-Maas expands Premium Quality label to lilies (3)
- US (FL): Bromeliad expert about hybridyzing bromeliads (1)
- India: "High potential for orchid cultivation in Odisha" (1)
- "Fight against thrips is not only won above ground" (1)
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Michiel Kuipers, Floraconcepts;
The ideal plant and pot combination
Which plant to combine with what pot and how should I display it in my shop? There is so much on offer and making the right choice is more difficult. Both provider and buyer sometimes seem to drown in the options. Tools that make smart selecting and preferably also visualization possible can help. And Floraconcepts offers them.
Michiel Kuipers, owner of and creative brain behind Floraconcepts: "We have a number of functionalities integrated into one web application. Meaning that we have connected several tools with which products can be combined and visualized in the intended space in a user-friendly website. By being smart about selecting from the range and showing only products that pique the customer’s interest, the latter is helped to get to the ideal plant-pot combination and display presentation."
Outsmart the competition
The client logs in, makes as many combinations as he likes, places it on the cart or shelf of choice and places it in any setting. It can be a 'mood board' like Christmas or Valentine's Day, but also an imaginary living room or their own shop floor. When a presentation is found of which the client thinks ‘That’s it!’ Floraconcepts creates a professionally edited image within 24 hours. "If the client then puts it on his website or webshop, the competition is doubly outsmarted. The client then has a unique plant and pot combination that is completely tailor-made and the online presentation is state of the art."
Floraconcepts is primarily a tool for commerce and retail, although producers can also benefit from it, since the various parties may bombard each other with creations and ideas anyway. An additional advantage is that it somewhat separates the discussion from being just about the pennies. Kuipers: "Of course the cost price remains important, but one of the strengths of visualization is it adding a feeling, a perception to the product."
Kuipers: ''Innovative software for floral programs. That’s what we deliver, in a nutshell. The market is changing rapidly, the retailer is pursuing the source more and more and growers increasingly produce market-oriented. But the core of the game is always the same: more sales, higher yields, faster circulation speeds. In this, online has long since become indispensable and Floraconcepts helps companies in the ornamentals sector to keep up with the digital developments and the dynamic market."
For more information:Floraconcepts
1433 NT Kudelstaart
M: +31 (0)6-52533926
Publication date: 1/2/2017
Other news in this sector:
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.