Job offersmore »
- Nursery Systems Manager - Australia
- Assistant Professor of Landscape Architecture - Davis (CA), USA
- Technical Sales Representative Trainee - Ancaster, Ontario
- International Account Manager City Farming - Horticulture LED Solutions
- CEO for a leading Agri-Business working on an international basis
- Greenhouse Operations Lead - Alberta, Canada
- Commercial Head Grower - Newark, NJ (USA)
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Regional Sales Manager - USA
- General Manager Operations - Australia
Last commentsmore »
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (675)
- "Horticulture in Iran can be an alternative to petroleum" (1)
- A flower shop dedicated to roses only (1)
- "Plum Power forever" (18)
- Terra Nova Nurseries introduces heat-loving heucherella variety (26)
- Milestones, lessons from California’s historic drought (25)
- Dutch grower supplies plants to world's biggest cruise ship (27)
- For sale: 10 brand new Cummins natural gas generators (16)
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
India: Newly-weds given potted plants in green driveIn a green drive, newly-weds get potted plants as gifts in certain districts in India.
The volunteers of a Pratapgarh-based NGO working for environmental protection are gifting flowerpots (gamla) with a sapling to newly-wed couples while visiting/attending wedding ceremonies in Pratapgarh, Allahabad, Rai Bareilly and Jaunpur districts.
They also appeal to brides to plant at least one sapling at their parents' house while leaving for their husband's house. The head of Paryavaran Sena, Ajay Krantikari, has taken up a crusade for environment protection in more than two dozen villages of Pratapgarh and Allahabad, appealing to masses to plant at least one sapling at their house.
Read more at The Times of India
Publication date: 12/16/2016
Other news in this sector:
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.