Job offersmore »
- Commercieel Logistiek/Inkoop medewerker - Aalsmeer, NL
- Manager/Director R&D Operations - Japan
- Senior Grower – Tomatoes, Australia
- Sales Manager - Europe
- Distribution Manager - Fort Worth DC, TX USA
- Greenhouse supervisor - Lisianthus propagator
- Technical Sales Representative - Canada
- Export Project Manager - Bergschenhoek
- Senior Technical Manager – United Kingdom
- In-House Horticultural Consultant - Lodi, OH
Last commentsmore »
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
"Azerbaijan can regain status of flower exporter"Azerbaijani forests are a rich source of biodiversity and habitat to a number of the rarest species of flora.
Because Azerbaijan is home to almost all climatic zones, the country has all opportunity to thrive its flower industry.
The government decided to directly look at the once developing and flourishing sector of the country -- floral industry.
The flower trade is now a major industry in both developing and developed countries, with global trade estimated to be worth many billion dollars a year.
During the Soviet period, Azerbaijan played an important role in supplying Moscow and St. Petersburg with flowers, especially in the pre-holiday, flowers grown in Baku villages, were exported to Russia.
Until the 1990s, Azerbaijan was the main exporter of carnations (dianthus) to Russia.
Unfortunately, after gaining independence Azerbaijan ceased flower production, ultimately losing traditional markets. And now, Azerbaijan has turned from an exporter to an importer of flowers.
However, experts believe that Azerbaijan enjoys all conditions to develop the flower business again. Azerbaijan has excellent climatic conditions for the cultivation of flowers, including long daylight hours, climate diversity and a rich soil. The country has also an affordable work force.
Read more at AzerNews
Publication date: 12/14/2016
Other news in this sector:
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.