Job offersmore »
- Area Manager Russia
- Machine Operator Buitendienst
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
- Business Development Manager - The Netherlands
- Greenhouse Construction Workers - U.S.
- (Senior) Werkvoorbereider/Engineer Kas Plus - Netherlands
- International Account Manager - Netherlands
- Business Advisor - China
- Account Manager for Technical Horticultural Greenhouse Products - Canada
- Floriculture Sales and Marketing Professional
Last commentsmore »
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (450)
- In 2016 we visited 26 trade shows and shot 5,054 pictures! (1)
- Kenyan rose production falls short of international demand (2)
- China gets slap on the wrist for illegal copying Dutch varieties (1)
- US: Growers respond to GM petunia news (1)
- Photoreport: Horticontact (1)
- Veiling Rhein-Maas expands Premium Quality label to lilies (3)
- US (FL): Bromeliad expert about hybridyzing bromeliads (1)
- India: "High potential for orchid cultivation in Odisha" (1)
- "Fight against thrips is not only won above ground" (1)
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
US (MO): Poinsettias grow across the Mountain EmpireThe weather outside may be frightful, but it’s delightful inside F.J. Torbett Plant Farm, where there are rows of colorful and bright poinsettia plants.
The plants are a holiday mainstay at the farm, which is located off U.S. Highway 11E in Piney Flats. The Torbett family has been raising them for more than six decades and sells several varieties.
For most of the family’s history, the greenhouse has specialized in wholesaling spring bedding plants and holiday poinsettias, which owner Denise Torbett said can be a challenge.
“I know that we needed the rain, but the dry weather also gave us a lot of sunshine,” Torbett said. “That sunshine is what really turns around a bulb into a beautiful crop of poinsettia plants.”
Read more at the Maryville Daily Forum
Publication date: 12/22/2016
Other news in this sector:
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.