Job offersmore »
- Purchasing Specialist Exoten - Netherlands
- Intercompany Key Account Manager Exoten - Netherlands
- Buitendienst Medewerker - Oost Nederland
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
- Key Account Manager - Netherlands
Last commentsmore »
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (958)
- UK: What's in season at the New Covent Garden Flower Market (4)
- Will sea freight be an alternative to Latin American air freight? (27)
- US: AFE educational grant applications due June 1 (4)
- Women's Day: "Russian market is growing up" (2)
- Danish greens grower expands with first own bred peperomias (1)
- Export stop Australia as of March 1 2018 (1)
- Colombia, Kenya and China: What's their recipe for success? (1)
- "Proven Winners is just getting started" (1)
- Market reports: solid research or wild guesses? (4)
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
US (MO): Poinsettias grow across the Mountain EmpireThe weather outside may be frightful, but it’s delightful inside F.J. Torbett Plant Farm, where there are rows of colorful and bright poinsettia plants.
The plants are a holiday mainstay at the farm, which is located off U.S. Highway 11E in Piney Flats. The Torbett family has been raising them for more than six decades and sells several varieties.
For most of the family’s history, the greenhouse has specialized in wholesaling spring bedding plants and holiday poinsettias, which owner Denise Torbett said can be a challenge.
“I know that we needed the rain, but the dry weather also gave us a lot of sunshine,” Torbett said. “That sunshine is what really turns around a bulb into a beautiful crop of poinsettia plants.”
Read more at the Maryville Daily Forum
Publication date: 12/22/2016
Other news in this sector:
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.