Job offersmore »
- Global Segment Marketing Manager Vegetables
- Agronomist or Agricultural Engineer in Luxembourg or Georgia
- Nursery Project Coordinator Luxembourg
- Sales and Customer Support - New Zealand
- General Manager - Ontario
- SALES MANAGER - France
- KEY ACCOUNT MANAGER (Fresh Cut) – France
- Marketing Manager - Beamsville, Ontario, Canada
- Key Account Manager Horticulture LED - Netherlands
- European Sales Manager – Based London or Europe
Last commentsmore »
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (407)
- Kenya: Senate probes working conditions on flower farms (1)
- Weight, drain and real time plant activity analysis become grower's sixth sense (1)
- Terra Nova offers sneak peek of 'peacock tail' begonia (1)
- Romania: Flower demand up for Valentine’s Day, Dragobete (1)
- Florists wanted for British Flowers Week photoshoot (1)
- Roses Forever's new spray rose remembers John Williams (1)
- Second edition Flower Expo Poland now open for registration (1)
- Ethiopia: "Employees are our most valuable assets" (1)
- Taiwan: Taichung to host flora expo in 2018 (1)
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
US (MO): Poinsettias grow across the Mountain EmpireThe weather outside may be frightful, but it’s delightful inside F.J. Torbett Plant Farm, where there are rows of colorful and bright poinsettia plants.
The plants are a holiday mainstay at the farm, which is located off U.S. Highway 11E in Piney Flats. The Torbett family has been raising them for more than six decades and sells several varieties.
For most of the family’s history, the greenhouse has specialized in wholesaling spring bedding plants and holiday poinsettias, which owner Denise Torbett said can be a challenge.
“I know that we needed the rain, but the dry weather also gave us a lot of sunshine,” Torbett said. “That sunshine is what really turns around a bulb into a beautiful crop of poinsettia plants.”
Read more at the Maryville Daily Forum
Publication date: 12/22/2016
Other news in this sector:
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.