Job offersmore »
- Outside Technical Sales Position, Horticulture - Canada
- Area Manager Russia
- Machine Operator Buitendienst
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
- Business Development Manager - The Netherlands
- Greenhouse Construction Workers - U.S.
- (Senior) Werkvoorbereider/Engineer Kas Plus - Netherlands
- International Account Manager - Netherlands
- Business Advisor - China
- Account Manager for Technical Horticultural Greenhouse Products - Canada
Last commentsmore »
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (454)
- Veiling Rhein-Maas expands Premium Quality label to lilies (4)
- In 2016 we visited 26 trade shows and shot 5,054 pictures! (1)
- Kenyan rose production falls short of international demand (2)
- China gets slap on the wrist for illegal copying Dutch varieties (1)
- US: Growers respond to GM petunia news (1)
- Photoreport: Horticontact (1)
- US (FL): Bromeliad expert about hybridyzing bromeliads (1)
- India: "High potential for orchid cultivation in Odisha" (1)
- "Fight against thrips is not only won above ground" (1)
Top 5 - yesterday
- Brazil: Despite crisis, opportunities for growth
- How the bumblebee coincidentally saved the greenhouse industry
- US (CA): Monterey County helps former flower growers switch to marijuana
- NL: Cut flower prices under pressure by warm weather and French holiday
- Chrysanthemum blooming test of Royal van Zanten Colombia
Top 5 - last week
- Wabara expands into new markets with exclusive partnerships
- US (IL): Sunshine delphinium named in honor of John Simko
- Father and sons team harvests sunflowers for British Flowers Week
- Germany: VB Group builds 'Elite' greenhouse for Dümmen Orange
- Wildfire transitions to full hydroponic rose cultivation
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Selecta one's pot plants and cut flowers at IPM 2017At the IPM 2017 in Essen, Selecta one will be presenting highlights of their assortment at the usual place in hall 2 stand D25. On 180 m² the company will exhibit Poinsettia and pot plants and for the first time cut flowers of the subsidiary Selecta Cut Flowers.
An established part of the IPM presentation is the extensive Poinsettia assortment with the series Christmas Feelings. Christmas Feelings varieties are available in many colours and for all pot sizes and convince by huge density per sqm, a very healthy root system and a very good branching.
These novelties have been introduced into the Poinsettia assortment: Christmas Beauty Cinnamon with a light cinnamon colour joins the Christmas Beauty family, with its dense, star-shaped bracts.
Christmas Cracker is a new all-rounder. This new variety with a striking red colour is well-suited for production of all pot sizes and product types. With a reaction time of 8 weeks the variety matches the main sales periods. Etna is another new red variety with a vigorous growth habit and especially selected for big pot sizes in Southern productions.
Selecta one is putting a main focus on their pot carnation assortment which will be presented under the umbrella topic ReCarnation.
Modern carnation has become a high-tech product, thanks to cutting-edge cultivation techniques. Durable, long flowering, easy-care and up-to-the-minute flower colours – Carnations for everybody. Above all is the unique pot carnation Pink Kisses, a stand-alone variety captivating with slightly fragrant flowers. Pink Kisses is easy to cultivate in any given pot size and stands for ideal transport characteristics and an extremely long shelf life at the point of sale. New sales potentials are given by the year-round availability of Pink Kisses.
Together with further lines the Selecta carnation assortment fulfills all demands of producers and consumers. The homogenous and easy to produce varieties of the Oscar line are producers’ favourites. The garden carnation lines Diantica and Pillow offer added value with hardy varieties. Colores and SuperTrouper are the lines to fulfil every colour wish. The varieties of the Capitán line have the advantage that consumers can use these varieties also as a cut flower in bouquets.
Further highlights of the Selecta one IPM presentation:
Winning the FleuroStar Award, the prize for varieties with the ‘wow’ effect at point of sale, was just one proof of the uniqueness of the new Petunia variety. The colour pattern of NightSky is worldwide unique. The flowers in dark violet with white spots seem like a beautiful starry sky. NightSky is very early with a semi-trailing, medium strong vigour and convinces with a very good branching and harmonious growth. The outstanding shelf life also remains at the consumer’s. The variety NightSky is suited for baskets and mixed containers and is approx. 1 m trailing.
Rave is the brand-new Calibrachoa line with five varieties in the Selecta assortment. The striking star pattern stands out and is a real eye-catcher from near and far. The varieties convince with an early flower, very good branching and with an easy to control growth habit. Rave Calibrachoa are the novelties that shouldn’t be missing in any assortment. The new varieties are Rave Pink, Rave Violet, Rave Blue, Rave Peach and Rave Cherry.
Calibrachoa MiniFamous Double Pink
The double-flowering variety MiniFamous Double Pink, which recently received the Fleuroselect gold medal 2018, stands out due to an excellence summer performance. The strong root system and the stable colour make the early flowering Calibrachoa a real flower wonder. MiniFamous Double Pink is suited for a production in pots and baskets.
Pearls series features the newest generation of Gypsophila on the market. Selecta Cut Flowers is presenting varieties with more advantages and different habits to choose from. All Pearls varieties are especially selected for their superior quality and longevity. These modern genetics Gypsophila, not only have a vase life that make them last long but offer superior quality and beauty.
Pearls Petite has small, semi-double flowers concentrated on a dense inflorescence and carried on strong and stable stems. Fresh, new genetics specially designed to use in bouquets.
Pearls Ginga-way has rich inflorescence with large, full, and pure white flowers, creating a snow effect. This variety has great resilience during shipping and does not have the typical Gypsophila strong scent.
Pearls Blossom, with large, brilliant white flowers, has terrific vase life and display value. Its quality and look make it an excellent choice for bouquets or for any floral arrangements.
Solidago, innovation Estelle
Selecta’s Solidago varieties have shown superior performance. eVita, and Estelle are modern genetics with improved productivity, vigor, and speed. Through intensive years of breeding, they have succeeded with Estelle to renew the Solidago market and to show that customers are looking for unique products. Due its cream colour and perfect color absorption Estelle is excellent for tinting. Its natural tone is what makes an arrangement outstand vs. others in a similar composition.
Chrysanthemums, a promising rising program with excellent quality
The mum novelty Union has a unique type of flower, shape and colour characteristics. With its red and yellow bicolor petals and its excellent quality, large number of blooms and strong stems, this novelty bicolor chrysanthemum is the perfect choice for the fall season.
Yamato is a spray medium size flower bicolor chrysanthemum. Its yellow and red petals create great contrast with its green center. Yamato has a fast cycle and lots of blooms. Customers have highlighted, the number of flowers per stem, vigorous growth, uniform opening and good weight.
Carnations, a world full of color
The carnation programme with their well-known red success, Don Pedro, Selecta offers two top collections, bringing something different and eye catching. The Bacarat Collection, three standard bright bicolor carnations, bred for high tolerance to fusarium and very good field performance, and the Lollipops Collection, mini carnations with stripe bicolor petals that make it stand out.
Dianthus: fully round, fully fast
Lady Ingreen, the promising dianthus has a vibrant fully round green pompon heads held on strong 60-70 cm tall stems. It has an exceptionally long vase life and is extremely versatile.
Premierball collection includes nine fast to produce and early to flower varieties, with voluminous flowers, bright color and fully round shape, excellent for mixed bouquets and modern arrangements.
For more information
Publication date: 12/21/2016
Other news in this sector:
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.