Job offersmore »
- Area Manager Russia
- Machine Operator Buitendienst
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
- Business Development Manager - The Netherlands
- Greenhouse Construction Workers - U.S.
- (Senior) Werkvoorbereider/Engineer Kas Plus - Netherlands
- International Account Manager - Netherlands
- Business Advisor - China
- Account Manager for Technical Horticultural Greenhouse Products - Canada
- Floriculture Sales and Marketing Professional
Last commentsmore »
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (450)
- In 2016 we visited 26 trade shows and shot 5,054 pictures! (1)
- Kenyan rose production falls short of international demand (2)
- China gets slap on the wrist for illegal copying Dutch varieties (1)
- US: Growers respond to GM petunia news (1)
- Photoreport: Horticontact (1)
- Veiling Rhein-Maas expands Premium Quality label to lilies (3)
- US (FL): Bromeliad expert about hybridyzing bromeliads (1)
- India: "High potential for orchid cultivation in Odisha" (1)
- "Fight against thrips is not only won above ground" (1)
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Denny Benerget, Benerget Greenhouses:
"Bloom makes the fertilizer work better"“We’ve tried some similar products to Holganix, but they’ve never really responded or stayed in the market long,” explains Denny Benerget, owner of Benerget Greenhouses.
“When it comes to snake oil, I’ve seen it all!” With 40 years in the business, and a family ancestry spanning five generations of growers (stretching back to Germany – before the family came to the States), it’s safe to say that Denny truly has seen it all. “Unlike those snake oil products, Holganix really does work!”
Left plant treated with Holganix, right treated with Denny's usual program
Benerget Greenhouses features 60,000 square feet of greenhouse space used to grow flowers. Denny typically sells plants wholesale and retail with a focus on delivering to organizations like churches.
“We deliver products that no one else has or better than anyone else. We also strive on service and deliver plants when the customer wants it and where. That’s part of what makes Benerget so special.”
Reducing nitrogen fertilizers by 10 - 15%
Denny has been using Holganix Bloom as a complement to his fertilizer program on poinsettias.
“Bloom makes the fertilizer work better,” explains Denny. “That’s why we can use less of it.” So far, Denny has decreased nitrogen fertilizers by 10-15%.
Now that he feels comfortable with the product, he plans to further explore nitrogen reductions.
Left plant treated with Denny's usual program, right treated with Holganix. Please note that the ruler is propped up against the plant and that the reading is skewed.
Reducing fungicides by 30%
“One of the big things we’ve noticed is that we’ve used less fungicides with Bloom. In fact, we’ve used less fungicides than ever before.” So far, Denny has cut fungicides by 30%. Keep in mind, that poinsettias require heavy doses of preventative fungicides because of their tricky growing season which features shortened growing days in the fall and winter.
Part of the reason why Denny can use fewer fungicides is due to root development. “We monitored root development heavily,” explains Denny. Poinsettias are prone to root disease, especially early in the plant’s development.
Improving the developmental state of the plant
At the end of the day, Holganix has improved the developmental state of the plant. That means the plant both matures earlier and stays in peak conditions longer.
It’s crucial for poinsettias to be as developed as possible before the Holiday season. Because the plant is matured,
“Holganix places me in a better position to sell something lush.”
For more information:
54 Conchester Rd.
Glen Mills, PA
Publication date: 12/20/2016
Other news in this sector:
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.