Job offersmore »
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
- Farm Manager - Perth, Western Australia
- Expansion manager
- Horticultural Specialist - Emeryville (CA) USA
- Sales Manager Europe Division
- Grower - Delta, (OH) USA
- Export Sales - Perth, Australia
- Production Manager Indonesia - Magelang/Central Java, Indonesia
- Director ASIA Research Station Operations - Bangkok, Thailand
- Spécialiste Technique et commercial Biocontrôle pour l’Ouest de la France
Last commentsmore »
- "25% annual production growth Mexican phalaenopsis" (34)
- Dancing in a Dutch orchid greenhouse (1)
- UK: What's in season at the New Covent Garden Flower Market (21)
- "I tested my growing media, now what?" (17)
- Germany: Landgard begins marketing offensive for “Frag die Pflanze” (2)
- From Kilimanjaro to Perligran (1)
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (1226)
- Could this be Ethiopia's new dawn? (7)
- Stone paper to substitute plastic? (1)
- Will sea freight be an alternative to Latin American air freight? (241)
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
New production location Selecta HellasOn December 2, Selecta One officially opened its new production site Selecta Hellas which was established in a record time of less than seven months.
Selecta Hellas is taking over the supply of young plants into the Italian market from now on. It is located in Chrysoupoli, Greece, near the seaport Kavala. The flat terrain gives space for possible extensions and the needed heating is readily available through the geothermal heating station. There is also first-class town water available, which is an important aspect for the young plant production.
In the time between May and November 2016 a modern, state-of-the-art greenhouse complex of 3.2 hectare was built: 33,902 m² of iron greenhouse structure, offering 27,058 m² of gross production area covered with single plastic film with a main corridor of 12.80 m and production areas with 9.6 m arcs and 5 m gutters reaching 7.6 m at the top. 16 different climate zones for heating, ventilation and shadow; insect screen on all openings and two indoor screens for heat and shadow; pad and fan greenhouses for cooling in an area of 2,112 m². Concrete floors as well as mobile bench systems (6,450 m²) to have the best set up for small and large batches as well as 1,000 m² of cold store area, and a technical area for the production of paper pots that works in two shifts. Last but not least facilities for up to 180 employees including a canteen and office facilities that are now accommodating the management team of Selecta Hellas.
70 workers and 10 people in the local management have been busy over the last weeks to make sure the first cuttings are stuck, have been grown and shipped.
For more information
Publication date: 12/22/2016
Other news in this sector:
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.