Job offersmore »
- Assistant Grower - Canada
- Experienced International Buyer/Seller Germany
- Project and Sales Manager - Russia/Caucasian Region
- Quality Coordinator EU in Supply Chain Management Dep.
- Regional Sales Director - United States
- Territory Sales Position - US
- International Tomato Grower - Worldwide
- Grower Manager - US
- Application Scientist Salesperson - US
- Technical & Operations Manager - Australia
Last commentsmore »
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (719)
- Development of the export oriented cut flower rose industry in Africa (4)
- Photoreport: Horticontact (4)
- "Horticulture in Iran can be an alternative to petroleum" (2)
- NL: Vreugdenhil Young Plants launches new concept Pick & Joy (1)
- Will sea freight be an alternative to Latin American air freight? (1)
- Take a look inside the greenhouse of a Dutch succulent grower (3)
- Meet Greenlife in the Netherlands (1)
- In search of a transportation proof Poinsettia (1)
- A flower shop dedicated to roses only (2)
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
New production location Selecta HellasOn December 2, Selecta One officially opened its new production site Selecta Hellas which was established in a record time of less than seven months.
Selecta Hellas is taking over the supply of young plants into the Italian market from now on. It is located in Chrysoupoli, Greece, near the seaport Kavala. The flat terrain gives space for possible extensions and the needed heating is readily available through the geothermal heating station. There is also first-class town water available, which is an important aspect for the young plant production.
In the time between May and November 2016 a modern, state-of-the-art greenhouse complex of 3.2 hectare was built: 33,902 m² of iron greenhouse structure, offering 27,058 m² of gross production area covered with single plastic film with a main corridor of 12.80 m and production areas with 9.6 m arcs and 5 m gutters reaching 7.6 m at the top. 16 different climate zones for heating, ventilation and shadow; insect screen on all openings and two indoor screens for heat and shadow; pad and fan greenhouses for cooling in an area of 2,112 m². Concrete floors as well as mobile bench systems (6,450 m²) to have the best set up for small and large batches as well as 1,000 m² of cold store area, and a technical area for the production of paper pots that works in two shifts. Last but not least facilities for up to 180 employees including a canteen and office facilities that are now accommodating the management team of Selecta Hellas.
70 workers and 10 people in the local management have been busy over the last weeks to make sure the first cuttings are stuck, have been grown and shipped.
For more information
Publication date: 12/22/2016
Other news in this sector:
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.