Job offersmore »
- Account Manager, Southern, Protected Cropping - Melbourne, Australia
- Coördinator Biologische Gewasbescherming - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
- Head Grower, Retractable Roof Shadehouse - Wedgecarrup, Australia
- National Nursery Manager - Melbourne, Australia
- Lighting Applications Specialist (Horticulture) - Beamsville, Ontario, Canada
- Gärtner für den konventionellen Gemüsebau - Austria
- Expert vegetable farm manager/master grower seeking for his next position
- Horticulture Advisor - The Hague, the Netherlands
- Growing Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Service Engineer - Almeria, Spain
Last commentsmore »
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (840)
- Veiling Rhein-Maas expands Premium Quality label to lilies (8)
- "25% annual production growth Mexican phalaenopsis" (3)
- Dalat is “Honor City” of HortEx Vietnam 2018 (1)
- Will sea freight be an alternative to Latin American air freight? (7)
- Preview FlowerTrials 2017: Novelties highlighted (1)
- India: The story of KF Bioplants (1)
- "Nursery industry shines at blossoming international floriculture trade" (1)
- "Horticulture in Iran can be an alternative to petroleum" (5)
- Netherlands 50 million stems a year at V.d. Berg Roses (1)
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
New production location Selecta HellasOn December 2, Selecta One officially opened its new production site Selecta Hellas which was established in a record time of less than seven months.
Selecta Hellas is taking over the supply of young plants into the Italian market from now on. It is located in Chrysoupoli, Greece, near the seaport Kavala. The flat terrain gives space for possible extensions and the needed heating is readily available through the geothermal heating station. There is also first-class town water available, which is an important aspect for the young plant production.
In the time between May and November 2016 a modern, state-of-the-art greenhouse complex of 3.2 hectare was built: 33,902 m² of iron greenhouse structure, offering 27,058 m² of gross production area covered with single plastic film with a main corridor of 12.80 m and production areas with 9.6 m arcs and 5 m gutters reaching 7.6 m at the top. 16 different climate zones for heating, ventilation and shadow; insect screen on all openings and two indoor screens for heat and shadow; pad and fan greenhouses for cooling in an area of 2,112 m². Concrete floors as well as mobile bench systems (6,450 m²) to have the best set up for small and large batches as well as 1,000 m² of cold store area, and a technical area for the production of paper pots that works in two shifts. Last but not least facilities for up to 180 employees including a canteen and office facilities that are now accommodating the management team of Selecta Hellas.
70 workers and 10 people in the local management have been busy over the last weeks to make sure the first cuttings are stuck, have been grown and shipped.
For more information
Publication date: 12/22/2016
Other news in this sector:
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.