Job offersmore »
- CEO - Prague
- Plant Specialist - Melbourne, Australia
- General Manager European Region - Bologna, Italy
- Einkaufsverantwortlicher / Kundenbetreuer - Die Schweiz
- Continuous Improvement Specialist - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
- Innovation Leader - Johnston (Iowa), USA
- VP of Sales - Montreal, Canada
- IPM Consultant - Adelaide Plains, Australia
- National Nursery Manager - Australia
- Substrate Grower - Launceston CBD, Tasmania
Last commentsmore »
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (1077)
- India: "High potential for orchid cultivation in Odisha" (3)
- Ukraine: Flowers still popular despite high prices (1)
- Colombian plant growers to get nursery research center (3)
- UK: What's in season at the New Covent Garden Flower Market (12)
- Will sea freight be an alternative to Latin American air freight? (106)
- "25% annual production growth Mexican phalaenopsis" (9)
- Cut, stick and check with the new Cutting & Planting 1800 (1)
- "I tested my growing media, now what?" (5)
- Indian farmer successfully shifts to gerbera cultivation (1)
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
New production location Selecta HellasOn December 2, Selecta One officially opened its new production site Selecta Hellas which was established in a record time of less than seven months.
Selecta Hellas is taking over the supply of young plants into the Italian market from now on. It is located in Chrysoupoli, Greece, near the seaport Kavala. The flat terrain gives space for possible extensions and the needed heating is readily available through the geothermal heating station. There is also first-class town water available, which is an important aspect for the young plant production.
In the time between May and November 2016 a modern, state-of-the-art greenhouse complex of 3.2 hectare was built: 33,902 m² of iron greenhouse structure, offering 27,058 m² of gross production area covered with single plastic film with a main corridor of 12.80 m and production areas with 9.6 m arcs and 5 m gutters reaching 7.6 m at the top. 16 different climate zones for heating, ventilation and shadow; insect screen on all openings and two indoor screens for heat and shadow; pad and fan greenhouses for cooling in an area of 2,112 m². Concrete floors as well as mobile bench systems (6,450 m²) to have the best set up for small and large batches as well as 1,000 m² of cold store area, and a technical area for the production of paper pots that works in two shifts. Last but not least facilities for up to 180 employees including a canteen and office facilities that are now accommodating the management team of Selecta Hellas.
70 workers and 10 people in the local management have been busy over the last weeks to make sure the first cuttings are stuck, have been grown and shipped.
For more information
Publication date: 12/22/2016
Other news in this sector:
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.